Cobham is seeking a Director of Procurement to lead the business unit's Procurement tasks, defining and implementing robust purchasing and sourcing strategies to support the business' goals. The Director or Procurement will lead a team of best in class procurement professionals to continuously improve the delivery of materials from suppliers on time to need, the quality of materials and services procured, and the cost of our products in a compliant procurement system. This position is located in Davenport, IA.
- Manages and directs all procurement (strategic and tactical) activities to ensure completion of customer requirements.
- Develops the supply chain strategy and integrates the external supply chain into the business while maintain flexibility and responsiveness to new requirements.
- Assesses performance indicators and takes appropriate actions to ensure schedule, cost and quality goals are met.
- Increases EBITA by reducing the Total Acquisition Cost (TAC) of all procured items, both goods and services, and delivers sustainable cost reduction programs.
- Develops budgets and resource plans and monitors performance to achieve part delivery and cost requirements.
- Critically assesses the supplier base and re-structure / consolidate where required.
- Ensures required documentation and / or system transactions are executed to meet customer, procurement system, inventory accuracy and financial reporting requirements.
- Assures policies, procedures and other documentation are followed to ensure consistency and compliance.
- Provides leadership and commitment in support of continuing improvements in quality, cost and delivery performance.
- Supports the product design organization through new product introduction phase.
- Assures that Environmental, Health and Safety issues are addressed considering local regulations, Cobham's zero harm policy and good corporate citizenship.
- Coordinates and drives the Excellence in Delivery continuous improvement initiative, participating on teams to drive best practices across Cobham.
- Reviews make-buy decisions with the VP of Supplier Management.
- Manages and controls the plant Master Production Schedules, working with individual process owners in order to understand Customer forecasts and demands; ensures material and production capacity can meet upcoming demand.
- Provides monthly material forecasts to the SIOP process; maintains and optimizes ERP and produces purchase orders / deman signals to support the production schedule. Manages inbound and outbound logistics to the plant.
- Implement and supportinventory management tools such as Kanban demand signals to provide a 'lean' supply chain; minimizes stockholdings and maximizes available working capital.
- 10+ years' experience working in operations and supply chain management.
- 6+ years in tactical procurement supplier management or strategic procurement within a technology based company (ideally mechanical/aerospace).
- Bachelordegree in Business, Operations, Supply Chain or related field.
- Experience developing & leading procurement organization.
- Experience of negotiating long term complex supplier agreements.
- Strong business acumen.
- This position requires access to technology, materials, software or hardware that is controlled by export laws of the US. In order to be eligible you must be either a US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- APICS, Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM) and/or Certified Production and Inventory Management (CPIM) preferred.
- Thorough understanding of MRP functionality.
- Maintaining FARS, DFARS compliance as related to purchasing.
Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it's the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.