At Welltower Inc. (NYSE: WELL) we are driving innovation in healthcare infrastructure and delivery. We envision a new model of care that revolves around wellness – living well, aging well and keeping people out of the hospital. We partner with leading seniors housing and post-acute-care providers and with health systems to fund innovative solutions and infrastructure designed to keep patients out of higher cost, higher acuity settings while delivering better treatment at a lower cost. Our impact will be profound as we advance our work, our mission, and continue to assemble a diverse, talented, performance-focused team of employees.
The Director will support the department to consult with Welltower’s operators on process improvement initiatives typically involving labor organization, assessment tools, scheduling and standard operating procedures. The role supports our efforts to improve service delivery, reduce risk, and drive financial performance. The Director will work withinternal teams to establish financial and operational benchmarks to identify variances, outliers and areas of improvement. The position is customer-focused and requires strong communication and presentation skills. The Director will be responsible to identify and track deliverables across projects. Regular travel within the United States, as well as to Canada and the United Kingdom is anticipated.
- Assist in process improvement initiatives internally at Welltower and externally with operators.
- Evaluate current business practices and identify ways to improve productivity, reduce costs, and improve quality of services.
- Provide analytical and project management support.
- Assist in managing timelines and resources across multiple initiatives to ensure timely execution.
- Manage and track KPIs and deliverables across the project lifecycle.
- Assist the development of analytical frameworks to streamline project evaluation and prioritization.
- Develop analytical models, project templates, and automated dashboards to enhance and streamline project reporting.
- Responsible for presenting recommendations, including regular communication of program/project status across business functions.
- Identify, memorialize and maintain best practices and procedures to improve Seniors Housing performance and standard operating procedures.
- Analyze operational processes utilizing formal problem-solving methodologies to identify root causes and develop appropriate solutions.
- Lead continuous improvement efforts in a manner that achieves buy-in from employees and facilitates effective and lasting change to improve drive financial performance and service quality.
- Meet with operators to perform needs analysis, present key findings, and implement solutions. Manage timelines and resources to ensure timely execution of projects.
- Perform all other duties assigned.
INTERACTIONS WITH OTHER DEPARTMENTS:
The Director of Process Improvement will work closely with the Investment and Portfolio Management departments internally, as well as our operating partners.
Education: Bachelordegree in related field is required. A graduate degree is a plus. Six Sigma certification is a plus.
Experience: A minimum of 3 years related work experience is required.
- External/Internal Leadership
- Embodies Welltower Culture
- Influencing skills
- Analytical to action mind and skillset
- Credibility with senior Welltower and partner leadership
Department and Role Specific:
- Extensive analytical and financial skills
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and strong business acumen
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs, with expertise in Excel
- Willingness to travel up to 75%, including international
- Preferred candidates will also have experience gained from roles within the senior care, or healthcare industry.