The Director of Process Engineering is responsible to provide engineering oversight, control, and project management to a facility and/or facilities for design, permits, installation, and start-up of new processes and equipment related to facility expansion, for modifications and improvements to the existing processes & equipment, and consistent maintenance programs.
- Ensures Health and Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes, and acting in a safe manner at all time.
- Assist in prioritizing capital projects for the facilities and in the review of capital budgets; Work with facility GMs in developing capital needs and help gather information to prepare and present annual plant wide capital budgets.
- Provide process-engineering support for operation and maintenance needs of facilities; Coordinate engineering support required for facility operating permits and periodic renewals related to existing processes and proposed additions/modifications.
- Help in preparing capital budgets and monitoring performance to budgets for periodic updates; track project expenditure for controlled projects, and provide periodic summary; Help facility and/or facilities in developing inputs for annual capital project needs at plants and help prepare budget for review with senior management for facility engineering and for disposal services.
- Analyze ROI as required
- Assist compliance department personnel with all engineering related permit submittal such as detail design, specifications, drawings development, and document preparation.
- Review plant wide specialty gas (nitrogen, carbon dioxide, etc.) usage, negotiate contracts, and assist purchasing in negotiating pricing and contractual agreements with vendors
- Provide expertise and guidance for purchasing various parts and components related to the process equipment
- Provide in depth knowledge, review, and comment on P&I'D's, electrical schematics, hydraulic systems, HVAC systems as they relate to facilities, assuring that drawings are maintained centrally and are updated as necessary to be accurate and current
- Provide process evaluation and engineering assistance for problems and emergencies as they relate to production/waste treatment process, discharge compliance, new waste stream acceptance and accommodations, and management and handling of special wastes and special situations
- Provide engineering review, comment, and approvals for Management of Change (MOC) and documentation under PSM program and other situations dictated by company policy
- Review safety and PHA programs with safety department and facility staffs to ensure OSHA conformance and for good operating practices
- Meet with regulatory personnel when required to assist compliance department
- Review regulatory changes as they relate to plant processes and permits, and recommend appropriate courses of action; Provide guidance and expertise in assuring compliance with all applicable regulations and codes as they apply to facilities in various states.
- Work with engineering management to coordinate and prioritize other facility engineering activities and workloads to best suit project work load and/or facility needs.
- Assist other engineering personnel in area of engineering expertise and review work.
- Bachelor’s degreerequired. Masters degreepreferred. Engineering degrees preferred.
- Professional Engineering License preferred.
- 10+ years of engineering management experience with in depth knowledge of multiple engineering disciplines
- 7+ years of design engineering experience in waste industry
- 5+ years of waste processing experience utilizing various treatment technologies
- 5+ years of Experience with hazardous waste plant design and Construction.
- Maintain current knowledge of all RCRA and other applicable code requirements for plant engineering and project development
- Ability to fully understand fixed and variable cost structure and be able to develop ROI
- Maintain knowledge of specific types and manufactures of process equipment, process instrumentation, plant piping and valves, pumps, material of construction, coating systems fire detection and controls, material handling, and sizing equipment
- Maintain in depth knowledge and understanding of Hazardous waste plant design and equipment selection.