Preferred Sands, headquartered in Radnor, Pa., is a leading proppant technology company revolutionizing the oil and gas industry with cutting-edge, clean solutions designed to drive down costs and make the United States more competitive. As the first proppant company to invest in such technologies, Preferred is strategically positioned to thrive as the market continues to undergo a major transformation. Our innovative and sustainable solutions are playing a major role in growing and maintaining energy independence for the United States and other countries.
With the Company’s continued dedication to sustainable product development, Preferred is not only committed to the protection of the environment, but also the health and safety of itsemployees and the communities it serves. We are a company driven by an entrepreneurial spirit, a result- oriented culture and a philosophy based on individual performance and responsibility.
The Director of Process Control and Automation will help develop and execute the appropriate process control across all operating facilities. This individual will be responsible for workingdirectly with and providing technical and functional guidance to operations and engineering professionals and site leadership at various mining operations across the enterprise. This is a leadership role intended to define strategy and provide technical guidance as needed.
- Identify the strategy for controls automation across plant operations, including process definition and technical environments.
- Define and lead a team responsible for the implementation of the defined strategy.
- Maintain a team to provide continuous support, troubleshooting, and process improvement.
- Identify and maintain strategic partnerships as needed to support goals.
- Ensure proper & current documentation exists across the controls environments.
- Identify technology roadmap and reduce complexity of technical environments.
- Utilize a standards-based approach to reduce complexity and drive standardization across the plants.
- Provide competency specific guidance on electrical, instrumentation, and process control systems to all mining operations.
- Develop, leverage and champion the use of best design and/or technologies across sites.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining internal standards for process control and automation design and operation.
- Develop and lead an automation and process control network within the company, with the intent to identify and leverage best practices, create and approve new standards or protocol for optimization, build skills and knowledge, drive standardization and continuous improvement opportunities across the network.
- Participate in design reviews for all capital projects, including new facilities, and changes to existing processes, to support and drive project delivery and execution best practices.
- Build strong relationship with operations, technology and engineering functions to deliver standardized processes.
- Organizes, develops and leads training programs, as well as mentoring, to operations personnel to further build and advance capability.
- Lead control system competency renewal to prevent erosion and stagnation of skill sets.
- Manage and maintain change management procedures for all controls environments across operations.
- Builds strong relationships with site leadership, including Plant Managers and site resources.
- Foster an environment of continuous improvement and process optimization through standardized business processes.
- Lead improvement efforts in reliability, quality, and capacity through process measurement, modeling and process control enhancements.
- Provide criteria for software, instrumentation and control system design to vendors and contractors.
- Lead activities for new system design and provide required documentation for functional descriptions and training.
- Benchmarks company performance to relevant industries and lifts up to leadership any deficiencies in internal programs.
- Leads or supports initiative to achieve 3rd party certification of internal management system.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Engineering.
- Demonstrated knowledge of process control concepts and proven track record to develop standardized operating protocol in this competency.
- Interpersonal skills to work successfully within a team-based system.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and execute projects.
- Periodic offsite travel required.
- Familiarity with automation and controls platforms such as Wonderware, Allen Bradley, RSLogix, etc.