The Director of Manufacturing will lead all aspects of the manufacturing process from Job Planning, Pre-Press Operations, Printing, Bindery and Equipment Maintenance. This role is responsible for overseeing a first and second shift operation with direct responsibility for six experienced leaders, administrative support associate and 50 indirect reports.
This is a great opportunity to join a seasoned, competent and progressive leadership team and recently became available due to a upcoming retirement. If you are looking for career growth opportunities with a profitable and growing company in the Neenah, WI area, check this role out. In this role, we would consider relocation for the right candidate. Apply today!
- Leads, develops and coaches Manufacturing leaders (responsible for a large team of 50 plus associates):
- Provides clear expectations, feedback and recognition
- Participates in the hiring/selection process
- Writes and conducts performance evaluations and progress reports
- Handles associate relations issues
- Delivers results in line with the following key metrics/accountabilities:
- Quality – ISO 9001 (High Security Seals)
- Gross Margin
- Safety / Environmental Impact – ISO 45001 / ISO 14001
- Associate retention
- Budget Control
- Participates in "Build vs. Buy" decisions to fully leverage internal strengths and capabilities and maximize margin contributions for internally produced goods.
- Collaborates with Marketing and Product Development to leverage new manufacturing capabilities and technologies by introducing new product lines, shifting internally produced processes as well as bringing historically outsourced produces in house.
- Collaborates with Sales and Sales Estimating to ensure selling price margins are appropriate and maintained throughout the selling process for internally produces goods.
- Establishes long-range plans for effective utilization of staff and equipment based on projected production requirements. Ensures proper return on investment for all capital purchases.
- Collaborates with the Accounting Department to develop annual standards for Manufacturing. Responsible for creation and oversight of budget, performance metrics including standards, burden rates and absorption variances.
- Establishes manufacturing methods and measurements to ensure high quality and low cost processes are used. Evaluates performance against measurements and takes corrective actions as necessary.
- Creates and communicates a long-term vision and strategy for the area.
- Develops and implements plans and procedures for effective forecasting (if applicable), budgeting, performance measurements, talent development and resource allocation.
- Serves as a resource to business partners by providing knowledge and expertise in support of corporate plans/initiatives.
- Attends and actively participates in corporate meetings.
- Carries out responsibilities in a fair, ethical and non-discriminatory manner and ensure that staff follows these same guidelines.
- Sets budgets and manages expenses in line with departmental budgets and corporate business conditions.
- Enforces and supports all company policies and procedures. Fully supports the company's commitment to safety and the environment and strives to maintain a clean, healthy and safe workplace.
- Bachelor's Degree in business related field.
- 10 plus years of experience in a Personalization / Printing and Finishing operation.
- 7 plus years of experience in related leadership role.
- Proficient in the use of a PC and MS Office Suite.
- Ability to develop long-term vision and strategic plans.
- Ability to develop and implement growth plans and programs.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Broad knowledge of Printing / Finishing / Color Quality Control.
- In-depth understanding of production administration including budgeting, standards, burden rate, absorption variance, staffing, productivity, quality control and capital planning.
- Strong analytical and financial skills.