- Responsible for the overall effective management of Catering, Suites, & Club operations/service, as well as Training Table operations (Team Meals)
- Management of suite level services to ensure a high level of suite holder satisfaction in all pertinent areas
- Ensures total compliance with all alcohol service policies. Monitors alcohol service throughout event to assure 100% compliance with Alcohol Service policies. Reports any alcohol service or compliance issues to Spectra management immediately.
- Provides on-going training, development, mentoring and supervision of hourly employees. Responsible for completing documentation of employee performance and attendance issues in accordance with company policy and practice.
- Assists in troubleshooting technical problems with Point of Sale Systems, from both a hardware and software perspective.
- Generates event employee schedules and verifies employee time for Premium Services.
- Management & Oversight of catered events from set-up to tear down, including handling all communication with hourly staff, culinary staff and guests.
- Responsible for all aspects of Training Table Operations
- Ensures staff is briefed on event requirements and assigned to a specific area prior to events.
- Enforces all Spectra and venue policies and procedures as they relate to guest satisfaction, quality standards, uniform policy, cash handling, operating procedures, and quality presentation.
- Ensures all policies and procedures regarding accounting and cash handling practices are followed.
- Conducts a walk-through of suites, clubs, and pantry areas after completion of the event to ensure all areas are clean.
- Generates event employee schedules and verifies employee time for the Premium Department.
- Assists in development of other business activities, community participation in appropriate groups and all other assignments as directed by the General Manager.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Valid Food Handler’s certificate if required by state and/or county of venue.
- Valid Alcohol Service Permit if required by state and/or county of venue.
- Familiar with inventory cost control and menu planning.
- Basic computer proficiency: E-mail, Excel, Word, Outlook, Schedule+.
- Working knowledge of Point of Sale and timekeeping systems.
- Cash handling abilities; basic math skills including significant number manipulation.
- Ability to work a variable work schedule (including evenings and weekends, as required), depending upon event and business requirements.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail and coordinate various activities simultaneously.
- Ability to communicate with employees, co-workers, NFP volunteers, and business contacts in a courteous and professional manner.
- Able to be self-directed in a team-oriented environment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Working knowledge of employee scheduling in a hospitality environment.
Education and Experience:
- Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- High school graduate or equivalent, plus 1-3 years food service management experience. Catering management experience a plus.
Job ID 2019-4205