Imagine working for a leading healthcare company whose employees share a singular vision: to improve every life we touch. Our client?s work matters. They advance the delivery of healthcare and they're driven by a set of values and a common purpose to provide exceptional client outcomes through excellence in everything they do. They'll support you in an environment that encourages your growth and sharing your passion.
Our client is recognized as a leading provider of healthcare facilities solutions, working as a trusted healthcare partner to ensure our clients' capital deployment and real estate solutions are aligned to achieve their strategic goals. Their integrated approach is founded on a spirit of innovation, collaboration, trust and strong relationships. They use their expertise to seamlessly blend strategic and operational components to allow sustainability for the future. Their team strives to create inspired, efficient, patient-centric environments that drive exceptional healthcare outcomes.
Job Summary: The Director of PreConstruction leads the Estimating Team and has overall responsibility for the creation of budgets and estimates. This position oversees the estimating process for all projects, bid and awarded, and establishes standardized procedures for estimating.
Key Responsibilities & Results:
- Analysis: Oversees analysis of past performance on projects and establishes estimating standards for all future estimates based on such analysis.
- Documentation: Oversees department quality standards for deliverables such as bid packages, proposal formats and budget tracking tools; assists in oversight of the historical cost database, bid management and estimating software.
- Leadership: Champion the client's Vision, Mission, Goals, Values, and Service Offerings so as to inspire others to reach beyond their own expectations.
- Estimating: The creation of building cost estimates for projects or portions of projects from feasibility thru construction document level designs with a particular emphasis on concept estimates, programmatic estimating skill sets, and ability to present estimates to clients in a factual, trusting, confidence building manner. Gathers quantities and pricing for all phases of work and utilized the data to provide a complete site and building estimate. In addition, ensures that the project scope has been covered for the best price in a competitive bidding situation, so that the contract can be carried out profitably.
- Financial Responsibility: Understands the financial obligations of the organization and is accountable for all financial aspects of the business operation within area of responsibility. Manages organizational resources to maximize return on assets and investments. Seeks to improve the financial viability of the overall organization. Takes prudent risks and does what is necessary to improve the organization's financial picture while maintaining alignment with the company vision, mission and values.
- Industry Knowledge: Up-to-date awareness and understanding of best practices, technologies, products/services, events, trends, and regulatory issues that have impact on the healthcare industry, as well as, other related services offered by our client.
- Preconstruction: Analyzes a project from the perspective of site logistics planning, determination of general requirements & general conditions, scope analysis, safety, scheduling and means to accelerate a project to completion. Oversees department standards for deliverables such as bid packages, proposal formats and budget tracking tools.
- Project Controls: The ability to analyze project costs and schedules, compare them to the current plan, institute change management or corrective actions to keep projects on time and on budget.
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management or equivalent related work experience.
Certifications and/or Licenses:
- ASPE (American Society of Professional Estimators) certification
- AACE preferred
- ASHE HCC preferred
Relevant Experience & Training
- 15years' preconstruction estimating experience on healthcare and senior living projects
- Proven leadership of organization's estimating function
- Proven experience with early conceptual estimating
- Advanced user of Microsoft Office Suite particularly Microsoft Excel
- Proficiency with MC2, Sage or Beck Technology Estimating Software
- Understanding and utilization of Modelogix (historical database)
- Familiarity with AutoDesk software
- Work is performed in a professional, creative, open office environment with business casual attire. Hours of work will generally be during regular business hours and will average 2,300 hours per year. Great flexibility in schedule is both required of you and returned to you due to our many project deadlines.
- 10% national travel may be required.