Job Summary: The Director of Preconstruction is responsible for preconstruction and project control activities for all projects nationally. This involves preliminary planning and engineering to define the project scope, identify potential issues, analyze cost, and determine most efficient use of resources.
Estimating Leadership: Responsible for the quality of all estimates created for projects; reviews opinion of probable cost created by the Estimating team for accuracy and thoroughness; ensures collaboration between the Estimating Team and other project members to ensure alignment from the beginning of a project through completion. Oversees analysis of past performance on projects and establishes estimating standards for all future estimates based on such analysis. ?
Liaison with Design Team (architects, engineers, consultants), Construction Operations, Subcontractors, and Client: Prepares detailed estimates of entire scope of assigned trades, building system, and/or overall project cost.
Preconstruction Planning, Scheduling, Reporting and Execution:? Develops a value analysis of the proposed scope, scheduling and defines alternatives that are more cost effective; prepares quantity take-offs, analysis, estimates, and studies for items incorporated in the assigned scope; and, performs constructability analysis' through identifying design and constructability issues.
Documentation: Oversees department quality standards for deliverables such as bid packages, proposal formats and budget tracking tools; assists in oversight of the historical cost database, bid management and estimating software.
Performance Management:? Works with team members to establish clear goals and expectations, provides ongoing feedback, develops skills and knowledge of team members, and rewards people for their behavior and results.
Business Development: Supports business development through providing conceptual estimates as part of the capture process and confidence in ERDMAN's estimating and cost management processes through responding to RFQs, RFPs, and interviews.
- Leadership: Champion ERDMAN's Vision, Mission, Goals, Values, and Service Offerings so as to inspire others to reach beyond their own expectations.
- Preconstruction: The process of defining a project from the perspective of site logistics planning, determination of general requirements conditions, scope analysis, safety, scheduling and means to accelerate a project to completion.
- Influence and Presence: Conducting oneself with poise, self-confidence and professionalism at all times.? Having the ability to win support, gain cooperation and establish credibility with others to directly impact and address their needs and concerns.?
- Industry Knowledge: Up-to-date awareness and understanding of best practices, technologies, products/services, events, trends, and regulatory issues that have impact on the healthcare industry and senior living, as well as other related services offered by ERDMAN.
- Estimating: The creation of building cost estimates for projects or portions of projects in schematic and design development stages from concept level documents.
- Business Acumen: The knowledge to use keen business skills and entrepreneurial spirit by acting as a change agent with proven superior business judgment resulting in increasing revenues and margins, improving productivity, and reducing costs.
Education: Bachelor's degree in Construction Management or Engineering required; Master's degree in Business, Construction, or Engineering preferred.
Certifications and/or Licenses: Project Management certification preferred
Relevant Experience & Training:
- 10 years directing estimating, scheduling, and preconstruction services in the healthcare construction and senior living industries working on projects valued at $25M or more.?
- Experience with design-build and design-bid-build construction, and advanced experience with developing cost reports and schedules.
- Knowledge of federal and state OSHA regulations, and industry safety best practices.
- Experience with ERP, SharePoint, MC2, ICE, and Primavera preferred.