Do you want to work with your fellow owners? Rosendin is one of the largest electrical contractors in the United States employing over 6,000 people. We are EMPLOYEE OWNED – For 98 years, Rosendin has created a reputation for building quality electrical and communications installations, building value for clients, and building people within the company.
The Director, Pre-Construction is responsible for running major projects with the capabilities and personality to develop new business opportunities with new and existing customers ( Existing customers in Orange and LA county )
ESSENTIAL DUTES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain thorough project details list that describes the project “trail.”
- Plan and organize a project. Also known as a “Pursuit Leader”
- Understand company’s philosophy and systems.
- Understand objectives, policies, procedures and performance standards within boundaries of corporate policies.
- Maintain liaison with prime client and A/E to facilitate construction activities.
- Represent the company in project meetings.
- Supervise the preparation of any and all pricing quotations for presentation to the prime customer.
- Manage financial aspects of contracts to protect the company’s interest and simultaneously maintain good relationship with the client.
- Assume additional responsibilities as directed by corporate executives.
- The duties and responsibilities are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete listing and other duties will be assigned based on the positions role within the business unit.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management or other related discipline
- Minimum 5 year’s experience in construction industry; electrical contractor preferred
- Can be a combination of education, training and relevant experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of construction technology, scheduling, equipment and methods required
- Must possess excellent communication skills with owners, architects, and design consultants
- Thorough understanding of various types of design projects and concepts including: design build, design assist, IPD, Lean and LEED
- Must be a self-starter
- Ability to make independent decisions and recommendations which can greatly affect profitability of assigned area.
- Knowledge of Northwest and Portland Metro area construction markets would be a plus
- Proficient in using a computer and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.); Oracle preferred
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks, changing priorities as necessary
- Ability to work under time pressure and adapt to changing requirements with a positive attitude
- Effective oral and written communication skills as required for the position
- Ability to be self-motivated, proactive and an effective team player
- Ability to interact effectively and professionally with all levels of employees, both management and staff alike, vendors, clients, and others
- General work environment – sitting for long periods, standing, walking, typing, carrying, pushing, bending. Work is conducted primarily indoors with varying environmental conditions such as fluorescent lighting and air conditioning
- Noise level is usually low to medium
- Occasional lifting of up to 40 lbs.