This role will report to the Vice President of Strategy, Brand and Communications and work cross-functionally with our PR agency, Viome Marketing and Science teams, and key Executive leaders to build our plan, create content and maintain Viome’s voice and brand.
This is a full-time position based in the Viome Head office in Bellevue, WA.
- PR Story & Communications - Develop Viome’s core PR story, as well as regular drumbeat of news and press releases coinciding with major marketing initiatives, scientific research releases, partnerships, international expansion and product launches
- Develops and maintain positive professional relationships with various members of the media. Build Media partnerships to secure additional positive coverage/ exposure leveraging paid/owned/earned channels
- Assist executive leadership in developing presentations, speeches, and other corporate messages.
- Manage PR agency day to day relationship, evaluation and budget
- Lead development of Viome’s presence at key conferences and events, including speaking engagements for Viome Leadership (Focus on Naveen Jain, CEO, then Chief Science Officer and Chief Technology Officer)
- Manage inbound press and partnership enquiries including drafting and implementing crisis management strategies to mitigate negative media exposure and other similar risks.
- Lead Viome awards plan including submission development
- Leverage key influencers, partners and VIPs already using Viome (Eg Dave Asprey/ Bulletproof, Deepak Chopra, Ben Greenfield, Tom Hopper) and launch a new ‘Micro-Influencer’ marketing platform.
- 7+ years proven experience in a PR or advertising agency, corporate marketing team or related field
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, or related field.
- Healthcare or Wellness industry experience including existing media relationships in the health, wellness, or tech industries is a plus
- Proficiency in Google Suite Products (Gmail, Docs, Sheets, Slides, etc.) or transferable skills (MS Office)
Skills and Interests:
- Passion for health, wellness, food, nutrition and technology. Viome is a truly mission-driven team and we are seeking candidates who will raise our game further.
- Superior ability to write in a journalistic style that is customary for corporate and external publications.
- Proven leadership and organizational skills with attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and work well in an environment with competing demands
- Ability to work with corporate management, employees, media, and the larger community.
- Ability to use discretion when presented with sensitive or confidential issues
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills and creativity as well as strong interpersonal skills
- Track record of effectively supporting multiple projects at a time in a very fast-moving environment
Viome's Benefits Include:
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- LTD & STD
- Waiting time may apply to benefits