Director of Policy Development
A thriving, mission-driven educational technology and service organization, Curriculum Associates produces and delivers award-winning curriculum, assessments, and professional services to thousands of K-8 School Districts and millions of teachers and students across the nation. We are seeking a Director of Policy Development to advance student achievement, innovation, and make classrooms a better place for teachers and students.
What you'll do:
- Wake up every morning committed to policy analysis and how to create a proactive policy environment nationally and in key states.
- Manage key state lobbyists including providing direction, strategy, and leadership on how to achieve Curriculum Associates' goals.
- Lead proactive policy initiatives as directed by the Associate VP of Policy and Executive Vice President.
- Manage national partnerships including National State Boards of Education, National Governor's Association, and represent Curriculum Associates at other national conferences for intelligence gathering, brand awareness, and public relations.
- Work with multiple teams to convey your insights and action plans including marketing, product development, strategy, and sales.
What we're looking for:
- 10+ years of relevant work experience, including experience working with stakeholders, including all levels of policy makers, advocacy groups, and the public to impact the policy environment.
- Strong understanding of how states differ in their policy environments and how national trends impact state and local policies.
- Experience in proactive policy development with a proven track record of success.
- Keen political discernment of the shifting dynamics at a local, state, national level.
- Detail oriented with the ability to take bits of information to create a bigger policy agenda.
- You're comfortable being part of a small, efficient team and interacting with multiple teams' projects.
- You are a natural storyteller and communicate concisely and clearly in written communication and findings documentation.
- You're comfortable presenting and confidently delivering insights to teams and stakeholders.
- You believe in building relationships and helping to cross-train team members from other disciplines to understand complex policy and how it impacts the company and classrooms.
- This full-time role is remote with frequent travel (50 percent).
- Prior K-12 education policy experience required.