The Director of PMG Activities reports to the PMG Executive Director. This position is responsible for developing, coordinating, and implementing programs to ensure the successful completion of goals and objectives as they apply to the Plumbing, Mechanical and Fuel Gas and Swimming Pool (PMG) I-Codes and related services and programs of the International Code Council.
- Advocating and promoting activities to ensure positive outcome for ICC’s goals
- Providing subject matter expertise to the Government Relations Staff and other ICC staff
- Developing briefing papers, guiding documents, talking points
- Reviewing and interpreting technical materials related to PMG I-Codes
- Representing ICC in state coalitions, task forces, committees, and councils where expertise in PMG subjects is preferred
- Developing and assisting the Government Relations field managers with written and oral testimony to support adoption of the PMG codes
- Testifying at public hearings
- Presenting and/or training on the technical subject matter
- Managing and developing relationships with peers in other organizations
- Developing grassroots network in respective PMG industries
- Working with ICC field staff to identify candidates for positions in state plumbing and mechanical boards
- Making presentations to government officials, design professionals, contractors, and other interested parties as assigned
- Representing the ICC at member meetings, conferences and trade shows as assigned
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to Travel up to 50% throughout the assigned territory.
- Engineering Degree or equivalent technical training and experience required
- At least 2 years of experience in policy or advocacy related fields preferred
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office, and proven ability to master other computer software.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- A proven history of delivering on commitments.
- Patience, understanding, independence, professionalism, reliability.
- The ability to use productively the knowledge, experience, and efforts of others.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- East/West/Midwest United States and other territories as assigned