If you want to make a positive difference and stand out from the crowd, you’ll fit in at The Standard (www.standard.com). Through our retirement plans and insurance products and services, we help people achieve financial well-being and peace of mind. Come join us and share our passion for serving our customers in a positively different way.
The Standard is looking for a Director of Infrastructure Engineering experienced in driving innovation, automation and efficiency through dynamic engineering and architectural standards. Join The Standard engineering team that is architecting and engineering the technical infrastructure for downtown Portland’s largest employer. This role is a high level position designed to be a leader of engineers, mentor for growing teams, driver of change and an advocate for automation. This position has the opportunity to influence the infrastructure services, staffing, direction, and execution across all infrastructure technologies, from cloud to middleware and from databases to hosting platforms.
- Insatiable appetite for change and a relentless passion to automate and empower business with technology.
- Extensive experience working in a team environment leading solution teams with multiple stakeholders involved.
- 10+ years of technical leadership experience with a proven track record of success
- Extensive experience as technical leader on projects, with the ability to chart the right course and energize team members to assist with project work.
- Ability to think strategically and conceptually while remaining adaptable and collaborative.
- Ability to lead, inspire and build trust without losing focus on the problem that is trying to be solved.
- Ability to work with contractors, consultants and support teams as a virtual team that may be geographically separated.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills; ability to present technical issues to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to engage in and resolve conflicts while maintaining relationships, accountability and execution.
- Proven track record of bringing multiple projects to closure on time and with full performance.
- Understanding of iterative improvement processes and how to integrate those into technical engineering teams.
- Demonstrated ability to take personal ownership of services, projects, teams and platforms while working collaboratively within a team; initiative is a must.
- Proven ability to grow and develop staff in their careers, responsibilities and contribution to the business.
Standard Insurance Company, The Standard Life Insurance Company of New York, Standard Retirement Services, Inc., StanCorp Equities, Inc. and StanCorp Investment Advisers, Inc., marketed as The Standard, are Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, or veteran status or any other condition protected by federal, state or local law. The Standard offers a drug and alcohol free work environment where possession, manufacture, transfer, offer, use of or being impaired by an illegal substance while on Standard property, or in other cases which the company believes might affect operations, safety or reputation of the company is prohibited. The Standard requires a criminal background investigation, drug test, employment, education and licensing verification as a condition of employment. All employees of The Standard must be bondable.
For more information regarding your Equal Employment Opportunity applicant rights, click here.
Individuals with disabilities who need assistance or accommodation with the application process should contact HR Direct at 971-321-7871. This number is only for the use of individuals with disabilities who need accommodation with the application process. General inquiries about application status will not be addressed.