The Plant Operations Director is responsible for the maintenance and upkeep of the physical plant including, building, grounds and all Maintenance. Coordinates and performs housekeeping services to assure a high standard of cleanliness both inside and outside the building. Supervises the engineers and housekeepers and may be required to supervise other staff positions. This position is a working director and reports to the Executive Director.
- In consultation with the Executive Director, hires, trains, disciplines and terminates department staff in accordance with Senior Lifestyle Corporation human resources policies.
- Implements and maintains preventative maintenance programs. (TELS and daily checklist)
- Coordinates compliance with local, state, and federal building codes and guidelines, MSDS, OSHA, EPA regulations, fire codes and other relevant rules and regulations.
- Coordinates with contractors and venders making sure insurance and licenses are current.
- Conducts regular inspections of all Life Safety Systems including fire extinguishers, sprinkler and alarm systems.
- Works closely with Executive Director in creating, scheduling capital budgets.
- Establishes and obtains bids for all capital projects.
- Coordinates annual maintenance and deep cleaning programs for apartments and common areas.
- Coordinates necessary repairs and maintenance in apartments and common areas including refurbishment for move-ins.
- Ensures that the outside of the property is maintained including landscaping and snow removal.
- Coordinates the removal of garbage and trash for the property.
- Coordinates Staffing schedules to ensure the proper maintenance and cleaning of office public spaces, residential apartments and grounds.
- Prepares and follows approved budget.
- Maintains utility consumption and expense files.
- Maintains inventory control for all general supplies parts and equipment.
- Maintains all required Maintenance and housekeeping files.
- Schedules and conducts training sessions and department meetings.
- Informs Executive Director of any resident issues or concerns.
- Prepares resident charges/billing for extra services when applicable.
- Understand and implements the role of the departments safety and disaster plan.
- Participate in the Manager on Duty program.
- Obtain a Certified Pool Operators license.
- Attends all required training, in-service and staff meetings.
- Ensure that all company uniform and grooming standards for the department are followed.
- Strives to maintain a safe working environment through the preservation of equipment and the achievement of safe working practices.
- Maintains a positive and professional demeanor towards residents, visitors, families and co-workers.
- Adheres to all policies and procedures of Senior Lifestyle Corporation.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- An Associate's Degree or equivalent from a two year college or technical school: or Two years related experience and/or training equivalent combination of education and applicable experience.