The Director of Plant Operations reports directly to Vice President of Operations and is responsible for managing all activities for a single production facility located in Brandon, SD. This location currently operates with 70 hourly employees.This role is responsible for procurement, manufacture and product support for Thermal Interface Materials; implementing policies and procedures to align with corporate long and short term goals; and managing strategic planning and headcount objectives by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
What we offer:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations will be considered to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Provides direct leadership to the functions of Manufacturing, Engineering, and Materials Management.
• Establishes and implements policies and procedures necessary for orderly and effective operations, and ensures compliance to all applicable Henkel policies and procedures.
• Ensures compliance with Henkel standards for human resource management, safety and loss prevention, cost control, waste reduction, quality, and on-time delivery.
• Ensures compliance with all Federal, State and Local legal and regulatory requirements.
• Plans, develops, organizes and executes operations plans that meet Henkel financial and strategic objectives. Responsible for budget planning and results.
• Manages resources to effectively balance strategic objectives with financial return (profit) and efficient use of financial assets, including working capital. Manages all capital planning and expenditures.
• Develops innovative and cost-effective methods of manufacturing, labor management, material procurement and utilization, and business processes to position thermal interface materials for continued growth.
• Plans, implements and manages outsourcing and supplier initiatives & projects.
• Supports Henkel quality initiatives, and leads the commitment at all levels of direct and indirect personnel to follow the ISO 9001, & IATF 16949 Quality Management Systems and ISO 14001:2015 Environmental Management Systems. Supports initiative to obtain OHSAS 18001.
• Audits facility operations continuously by reviewing performance, major item variances, and other critical business elements,
• Establishes and maintains customer and other business relationships necessary for the successful operation of Thermal Interface Materials. Participates in key customer visits.
• Represents the operation at various meetings as required.
• Ensure Safety and Quality.
• Maintain a clean work area with the 5-S program.
Who we are looking for:
• B.S. or B.A. degree in Engineering, Operations or related technical field.
• 15+ years of experience in manufacturing and product development, including 10 years of senior leadership through plant/general management experience in manufacturing.
• Prefer experience with contract negotiation as it pertains to all aspects of the business.
• Proven analytical, project management and systems background.
• P&L responsibility in general management or plant management in a manufacturing organization.
• Exceptional leadership skills that are demonstrated by achieving desired results through others, and building an effective management team through coaching and mentoring.
• An in-depth technical understanding and knowledge of Thermal Interface Materials product lines.
• Proven strategic and tactical skills. Demonstrated problem analysis and resolution.
• Excellent interpersonal, written, verbal and presentation communication skills.
• Comprehensive business process and systems knowledge, such as ERP, and the ability to identify and implement best practices.
• An entrepreneurial spirit coupled with a strong ethic, and a commitment to high personal standards that link to exceptional business values and ethics.