The Director Global Forecasting & Commercial Analytics – Oncology is responsible for coordinating the development / maintenance of forecast models specific to pipeline compounds and on market product lifecycle projects across the oncology therapeutic areas. In addition, he / she is responsible for coordinating and / or leading the forecasting / commercial analytics aspects of any strategic initiatives associated with the oncology therapeutic area.
Responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Develop and maintain forecast models to inform long-range planning, milestone decisions, and strategic decisions
- Lead the design and implementation of model updates and/or new forecast approaches
- Develop and maintain extensive knowledge of business conditions and marketing strategy for the oncology therapy area
- Integrate with the asset or brand team and provide a data driven point of view on the strategy and value of the assets in the oncology therapeutic area
- Coordinate with Business Intelligence to identify data gaps and develop market research to help inform those gaps
- Commercial analytics to inform key forecast assumptions, or to provide a data-driven point of view on the impact of marketing strategies on the value of the asset
- Lead and coordinate the forecasting and commercial analytics support for any commercial strategic initiatives relevant to the oncology therapeutic area
- Coordinate and quality control the generation and deliver of presentation content specific to forecasting / commercial analytics work product for Executive level governance committees.
- Serve as a credible and strategic partner to all the stakeholders of this role including marketing, forecasting, business development, and clinical
- Provide real-time decision support via close coordination and collaboration across multiple stakeholders within GCD and other AbbVie partners including L&A, R&D, HEOR, Market Access, Finance, Regulatory, Medical, Global Marketing, and Area & Affiliate Commercial organizations
- Independently identify areas for further analysis and identify approaches to solve the issue
- Championing the GCD Mission and Vision and the broader AbbVie Leadership Attributes
- 8+ years of relevant business experience with a focus on the pharma/bio-tech industry.
- Experience in with new product development and demand estimation in areas with significant uncertainty.
- Self-motivated and experience managing multiple projects across multiple teams while delivering results on-time
- Demonstrated ability to influence decision making in cross-functional and cross-cultural environments
- Experience integrating primary market research and secondary data into a cohesive, data-supported point of view.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, with advanced Excel experience
- MBA or advanced STEM degree is preferred
Key Leadership Competencies:
- Preference for experience in oncology
- Strong analytic and communication skills
- Strong skills as both a team player and team leader in a highly matrixed organization
- Strong strategic thinking skills and demonstrated ability to influence