The Director of Physician Services (PS) has direct oversight and accountability for the Department of Physician Services . S/he works in close collaboration with UWP's internal departments and system partners to: (i) provide analysis as it relates to member physicians' clinical practices, (ii) participate in enterprise-wide quality and performance improvement initiatives, (iii) initiate, coordinate, and/or facilitate, operational process improvement activities within UWPS, and (iv)serve as the interface between the physicians and UWP's medical center partners.
The Director of PS manages the Practice Advisors who serve as liaisons between UWP and individual Clinical Departments. He/she actively participates in UW Medicine activities and provides leadership and direction regarding critical initiatives which affect physician and practice management strategies.
The Director of Physician Services also directs the activities of the Physician Services Analyst and serves as a key point of coordination with UW Medicine system partners to evaluate ongoing initiatives in support of physician engagement, value-based purchasing, revenue cycle improvements, quality, and transformation of cares.
The Director will routinely work with Senior Leadership, Board of Trustees and Board level committees regarding status of key issues and specific projects.
- Master's degree in Business or Health Administration.
- 10 years of experience with policy analysis and strategic planning, project management, or a combination thereof, in a relevant industry at a senior level or above.
- Minimum of two years' experience managing professional level staff.
- Experience leading complex Projects Experience with physician practice management.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Strategic thinker with broad and deep understanding of the health care industry and policy analysis required.
- Ability to orchestrate change to improve clinical and organizational outcomes.
- Knowledge of process improvement methodologies and quality control techniques.
- Strong enterprise-wide vision, seeing the big picture, recognizing critical details and dealing with ambiguity.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to convey a positive and professional image in person, and to interact effectively with diverse personalities and backgrounds.
- Demonstrated ability to compromise, cooperate and negotiate.
- Strong analytical and financial skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines to achieve critical organizational objectives.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work independently and exercise discretion and judgment.
- Proficiency with Windows based software and Microsoft Office Suite products in a network environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Builds and maintains excellent relationships with UW Medicine's key partners and be an "ambassador" for UW Physicians.
- Provides direct oversight and development of UWP's Practice Advisors. Anticipate and plan for recruiting needs, hiring and personnel actions.
- Provides timely, accurate, and professional responses to questions and concerns from internal and external customers.
- Provides leadership around financial and operational performance of Clinical Departments and work with Practice Advisors/ Decision Support to perform analysis to identify trends and answer specific questions.
- Works closely with the Executive Director on issues that impact the entire organization. Develops a high level of understanding and knowledge of UW Physicians, its governance structure, and key partners.
- Serves as UWP subject matter expert (SME) and lead for value based contracts to optimize UWP participation.
- Keeps abreast of healthcare policy initiatives and serves as UWP point of coordination regarding communication and integration, as necessary and appropriate.
- Execution of UWP professional services to support business development initiatives. Prioritize incoming requests.
- Performs other duties, as assigned.