Our client, an innovative pharmacy organization serving patients in long term care facilities, is expanding to the Houston market!
We are seeking to hire a full-time Manager of Pharmacy Operations who will be responsible for providing leadership and management of a team of professionals working in pharmacy operations. The Manager of Pharmacy Operations is responsible for the development and management of strategy and will play a pivotal role in identification and resolution of technical, operational, and organizational problems.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works cross functionally to facilitate development, implementation, and management of patient services and programs across all relevant therapeutic areas while executing continuous improvement measures.
- Ensure all prescriptions are input, filled and dispensed accurately, timely and within budget restraints.
- Ensure operations are compliant with all state & federal rules, laws & regulations.
- Collaborates with sales, account management, clinical and other functional leaders to ensure that services and service strategies are operationalized to customer and patient level action plans.
- Provides input for strategic decisions such as determining appropriate operational staffing levels in advance of new business, technology enhancements to improve efficiency, scheduling of staff to meet guidelines and regulations.
- Schedules and maintains appropriate staffing levels to ensure operations run smoothly within budget.
- Oversees workflow; identifies problem areas and implements process improvements.
- Oversees purchasing for pharmacy operations including drugs and required supplies. Manages inventory to plan.
- Ensures all prescriptions are verified, filled and dispensed accurately, timely and within budget.
- Demonstrates understanding of applicable pharmacy laws and regulations and uses that knowledge to enhance relevant job activities.
- Oversee purchasing for operations, including drugs and all supplies required, and manage inventory to plan
- Ensures preparation for organizational growth by developing, coaching, managing performance of and assessing competencies of team members.
- Tracks KPIs’, providing feedback to coach and develop the team.
- Ensures ongoing education of members, providers, and pharmacy staff members in proper medication use, drug interactions, recalls, supply issues, benefit issues, or side effect management.
- Keeps up-to-date with current drug information including recalls, monograph/insert revisions, and supply issues.
- Demonstrates accountability to timelines and commitments.
- Collaborate with pertinent staff to ensure that new business is on boarded smoothly and efficiently
- Comfortable in making decisions and solving problems independently, while also guiding direct reports in their decision-making efforts to drive staff efficiency
- Responsible for staff attainment for all goals and objectives, and reports activities to senior leadership consistently
- Works within budgetary/ financial objectives set by upper leadership
- Collaborate with pertinent staff members to ensure prior authorization/refills are handled in a manner,minimizing uncollected revenue; implement processes and retrain as necessary.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in pharmacy, healthcare administration, or similar field of study
- Three (3) years’ of experience in management of LTC, Mail-order and/or Central Fill pharmacy operations leading, managing & coaching successful teams.
- Five (5) or more years of progressive pharmacy operations management experience is preferred.
- Long Term Care pharmacy experience is preferred.
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills, strong attention to detail, and excellent communication skills are required.
- Preferred past experience in a multicultural environment with a proven demonstration of tact, diplomacy, willingness to learn, adapt and compromise.
- Demonstrate critical analytical thinking throughout key activities.
- Demonstrate the ability to leverage data for problem-solving with basic financial analysis skills.
- Travel up to 50%
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Master’s Degree or Doctor of Pharmacy degree preferred
- Experience in managing patient service teams in areas of customer service, phone skills, listening, verbal communication, data entry, and meeting execution targets is highly preferred
- Health Insurance and Commercial & Government plans knowledge is preferred
- Long Term Care Pharmacy knowledge and experience is preferred
- Central Fill Pharmacy knowledge is highly preferred
- Strong business acumen, strategic thinker, tactical driver and implementer
- Dynamic team player with excellent organizational, interpersonal, influencing, presentation skills
- Strong listening and verbal skills
- Ability to work independently and under pressure with conflicting priorities and tight deadlines while maintaining a positive, helpful attitude
- Creative and innovative, self-motivated, and performance-driven
A competitive compensation plan, excellent benefits and unlimited growth potential will be offered to the successful candidate. This is a ground-floor opportunity for an experience pharmacy leader to develop and grow a unique and high-performing pharmacy operation.
For more information and immediate consideration, send resume today!