Take your career in the right direction – join us at HealthTrust. Amidst the fast-changing dynamics of healthcare within HealthTrust and our parent company (HCA – Hospital Corporation of America), come work as a Director of Pharmacy to put into practice sustainable, practical solutions that will ultimately transform patient care and the communities we support.
More than 1,600 hospitals have partnered with HealthTrust to lower expenses and improve outcomes across healthcare operations.
HealthTrust delivers supply chain, workforce, and clinical integration services to help healthcare providers improve performance with superior pricing and operator-driven practices. This is accomplished by hiring professionals like you!
A seven-time recipient of a “Champion for Change” award from Practice Greenhealth, HealthTrust actively encourages and enables ecologically responsible purchasing alongside fully embracing a culture of integrity and a code of ethics.
• Seeking a full-time Director of Pharmacy who drives efforts to ensure compliance with JCAHO requirements, Drug Enforcement Administration, State Board of Pharmacy, hospital policies and procedures as well as other Federal and State regulations.
• Individual who proactively recommends innovations in the practice and function of the hospital Pharmacy Department to Administration and executes mutually agreed upon programs.
• Establishes productivity and patient satisfaction goals and objectives in alignment with senior leaders.
• Enjoys hands-on responsibilities to maintain appropriate controls for effective departmental operations while monitoring quality and assessing improvement data.
• Sets priorities, exercises professional judgment, makes critical decisions, and quickly responds to client needs.
• Astute in financial management – applies tools and processes to successfully manage drug cost budget in conjunction with clinical protocols.
• Utah has, on average the tallest mountain peaks in the country featuring the best snow on earth, hiking, mountain biking, camping, rock climbing and many other activities
• Utah has 5 National Parks- Zion’s, Bryce Canyon, Capitol Reef, Canyonlands, and Arches
• Park City hosts one of the biggest and most influential independent film fests- the Sundance Film Festival
• It’s home to the only warm water scuba spot in the continental United States
• It has the first (and only) ski-in / ski-out distillery in the world
• The Great Salt Lake, Lake Powell, Bear Lake, The Green River and many other bodies of water invite you to swim, kayak, boat, water ski, paddleboard and fish among many other activities
WHY SHOULD YOU APPLY?
• To attract the best talent, HealthTrust offers one of the leading 401(k) plans in the healthcare industry (a 100% match on up to 9% of pay based on years of vesting service).
• Tuition Reimbursement program for individuals seeking higher education.
• Generous annual incentive bonus program.
• Professional growth and advancement.
• Network of other highly skilled Directors of Pharmacy to work and collaborate with across sister facilities and multiple divisions.
• Bachelor of Science degree or PharmD from an ACPE (Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education) School of Pharmacy.
• Current Pharmacist license in good standing with the appropriate State Board of Pharmacy.
• Current Consultant Pharmacist license in good standing with the appropriate State Board of Pharmacy.
• Minimum of two or more years supervisory or leadership experience preferred.
• Strong knowledge of pathophysiology, interpretation of diagnostic criteria, pharmacokinetics and pharamacotherapeutics as well as the use and application of new medications and technology.