• Seeking a full-time Director of Pharmacy who drives efforts to ensure compliance with JCAHO requirements, Drug Enforcement Administration, State Board of Pharmacy, hospital policies and procedures as well as other Federal and State regulations.
• Individual who proactively recommends innovations in the practice and function of the hospital Pharmacy Department to Administration and executes mutually agreed upon programs.
• Establishes productivity and patient satisfaction goals and objectives in alignment with senior leaders
• Enjoys hands-on responsibilities to maintain appropriate controls for effective departmental operations while monitoring quality and assessing improvement data
• Sets priorities, exercises professional judgment, makes critical decisions, and quickly responds to client needs.
• Astute in financial management – applies tools and processes to successfully manage drug cost budget in conjunction with clinical protocols.
• Vegas features an extremely reasonable cost of living, with affordable prices on everything from housing to utilities to groceries as compared to most major cities across the country.
• The heat may not be as bad as you think. Because it is a desert environment, the humidity levels are often less than 5 to 10 percent, making a huge impact during the warmest days.
• Outdoor Recreation – Hiking, Rock Climbing and even skiing are all within an hours drive at Red Rock Canyon, Valley of Fire State Park and Mt. Charleston. The Grand Canyon and Zions National Park are also within a 2-3 hour drive.
• Unique Arts and Culture – Amazing restaurants, a live Art Walk every month downtown, The Mob Museum and the Neon Museum or for a more traditional cultural center, the Smith Center features Broadway shows and the Las Vegas Philharmonic.
WHY SHOULD YOU APPLY?
• To attract the best talent, HealthTrust offers one of the leading 401(k) plans in the healthcare industry (a 100% match on up to 9% of pay based on years of vesting service).
• Tuition Reimbursement program for individuals seeking higher education.
• Generous annual incentive bonus program.
• Professional growth and advancement.
• Network of other highly skilled Directors of Pharmacy to work and collaborate with across sister facilities and multiple divisions.
• Bachelor of Science degree or PharmD from an ACPE (Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education) School of Pharmacy.
• Current Pharmacist license in good standing with the appropriate State Board of Pharmacy.
• Current Consultant Pharmacist license in good standing with the appropriate State Board of Pharmacy.
• Minimum of two or more years supervisory or leadership experience preferred.
• Strong knowledge of pathophysiology, interpretation of diagnostic criteria, pharmacokinetics and pharamacotherapeutics as well as the use and application of new medications and technology.