Director of Pharmacy
In the more than 30 years since opening, This Hospital has developed a reputation for devotion to the needs of its patients. A community hospital in the truest sense, this hospital has created and maintained programs which are tailored to care for and assist the patients it serves.
Since its earliest days, our hospital has offered strong and innovative programs in women's health services, as well as pediatric primary and specialty ambulatory services. As the particular healthcare needs of its community have evolved, our services and programs have evolved along with them. Among our newest renovations are a self-contained Ambulatory Surgery Suite, an inpatient Geriatric Medicine Unit, an inpatient Geriatric Psychiatry Unit, acquisition of one of the largest and quietest MRI units on the market today and acquisition of a new digital mammography unit.
This Hospital represents the best that a community hospital has to offer: quality care in a friendly and familiar setting. We have earned a fine reputation in a number of service areas, including primary care, geriatric services, women's health, pediatrics, asthma programs, and others. Spacious and modern patient rooms and beautifully-renovated units ensure that hospital stays are as pleasant and comfortable as possible.
Under direction, formulates, plans, directs, coordinates and evaluates the Pharmacy services and programs in a hospital or hospital center, promoting effective functioning and operations of inpatient, outpatient and satellite pharmacies in coordination with other professional and administrative disciplines.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
1. Graduation from an accredited College of Pharmacy; and,
2. Possession of a valid New York State Pharmacy license; and,
3. Eight years of satisfactory, full-time experience as a Licensed Practicing Pharmacist, of which at least four years shall have been in an administrative, managerial and supervisory capacity in a Pharmacy in a hospital, health or medical care facility; and,
4. Ability to formulate, develop and implement pharmacy service programs and to direct and supervise pharmacy service personnel and staff activities; and,
5. Ability to work effectively with administrative staff, medical and nursing personnel, and to coordinate Pharmacy programs and activities throughout the facility; or,
6. Possession of a Master's Degree in Hospital Pharmacy Administration or related subject and six years of satisfactory, full-time experience as a Licensed Pharmacist, of which at least two years shall have been in an administrative, managerial and supervisory capacity in a Pharmacy in a hospital, health or medical care facility; and,
7. Meet requirements in (1), (2), (4) and (5) above; or,
8. A satisfactory equivalent combination of education, training and experience,
REQUISITE & PREFERRED SKILLS;
Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, especially Outlook, Word and Excel
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Develops, recommends and implements pharmaceutical service programs consistent with the medication needs of the patients, including control and accountability of drug products throughout the hospital,
2. Participates with hospital medical staff In formulation, development and recommendation of policies regarding the evaluation, selection, procurement, storage, distribution, use and all other matters relating to drugs in the hospital, with consideration being given to the following;
3, Oversees overall operations of the Inpatient, outpatient and satellite pharmacies,
4. Collaborates in the development, makes recommendations and implements programs of records management whereby records are correlated with other hospital records In accordance with the hospital's procedures and practices such as: