The Pharmacy Director is responsible for daily operations, personnel management and regulatory compliance of pharmacy services for the facility. This position establishes effective working relationships with all constituencies including patients, physicians, employees, volunteers and vendors. The Director of Pharmacy communicates the needs of the department to Chief Nursing Officer and collaborates with medical staff regarding prescriptive issues and therapy recommendations. The Pharmacy Director supports management team in meeting Company goals.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Oversees and leads the Pharmacy department.
- Actively reviews patients’ drug therapy as ordered by the medical staff.
- Actively reviews patients’ medication history for allergies and drug interactions including the processes of drug procurement, dispensing, monitoring, as was as the provision of drug information to the associated medical staff.
- Documents interventions, medication variances, adverse drug reactions and formulary changes into appropriate data bases.
- Consults with physician to recommend alternative therapy to achieve therapeutic goals.
- Manage drug procurement and inventory process.
- Ensures compliance with all state, federal, and regulatory agencies pertaining to medication management.
- Responsible for Board of Pharmacy annual controlled substance inventory and ongoing monitoring activities.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors of Science degree in Pharmacy from an accredited college or university.
- Current licensure in good standing with the Board of Pharmacy for the state.
- Must have a minimum of 3 years of experience in a hospital setting.
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant experience in a senior leadership role.