The psychiatric emergency service [PES] has an opening for a Director. We are seeking a Board Certified psychiatrist, preferably with clinical and teaching experience. We provide opportunities for leadership/ teaching/learning with an ideal mix of academics and clinical service.
- Direct supervision of attending psychiatrists, Psychologists, Social Workers and psychiatric PA staff.
- Overseeing the delivery of high quality, evidence-based care and directly working with leaders in the other areas of the department including both in-patient and ambulatory programs, as well as the Emergency Medicine Department.
- Assuming an important role in Patient Safety and Clinical Effectiveness.
- Providing leadership in undergraduate medical education including active participation in the clinical and didactic teaching of medical students, PA students, Psychology Interns and Social Work students.
- Incident review management and participation in departmental IR meetings.
- Reviewing/revising guidelines for standards of care ensuring that the PES meets the DOH, CMS, Joint Commission and OMH standards and regulations.
- Providing leadership for all tours.
- Eligible for license in the state of NY.
- ABMS Board Certification
- 5+ years’ experience working in a PES or CPEP environment is preferred.
- Leadership experience preferred.