The Director of PeriOperative Services is a working manager and assumes 24 hour accountability for the management of the PeriOperative Services Department. He/she works collaboratively with the Chief Nursing Officer and provides strategic leadership and administration in the areas of patient care, education, safety and quality in accordance with organizational policies and standards of professional nursing practice. He/she promotes a professional practice environment and develops and maintains collegial and collaborative partnerships with key stakeholders across the institution to positively impact the business of clinical operations, nursing and patient care outcomes. These partnerships include ongoing collaboration with physician, facility and organizational leaders. Responsibilities include all aspects of clinical operations, clinician and patient/family education, customer service, patient safety, financial outcomes, personnel management, and quality outcome management and regulatory compliance. This position directs and oversees pre-op, surgery, anesthesia, PACU, and sterile processing services.
Graduate of an accredited school of Professional Nursing. BSN required or in process with completion within 6 months
Current registration and licensure with the Board of Nurse Examiners for the state or a Compact state.
- Must have five (5) years of experience in Perioperative nursing.
- Must have two (2) years of experience in Perioperative management.
- Current BLS for the Healthcare Provider, ACLS, and PALS certification required.
- Independent decision making skills
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects
- Excellent communication skills and teaching skills.