ABOUT THE POSITION
We are currently seeking a dynamic Director of Quality Improvement to join our team out of Colorado Springs, CO. The Director of Quality Improvement performs a variety of technical, supervisory and administrative duties, with overall responsibility for maintaining an effective Quality Management/Performance Improvement Program for the Regional Accountable Entity (RAE). Acts as the chief advocate for the culture of measurement and performance improvement through effective leadership and communication to the RAE Management team, Boards, and Committees. The Quality Management Program includes both behavioral health managed care (BHO) and primary care case management (PCCM) program requirements. The QI Director leads, develops and implements performance improvement initiatives designed to improve overall health care and outcomes for the Region. Conducts monitoring activities to identify better practices and opportunities for improvement; oversees the measurement and reporting for projects, performance and outcome measures. This position works collaboratively with the RAE Management team, partners, Primary Care Medical Providers (PCMPs), and the State of CO to achieve the goals established for the QM Program annually and the State Contract.
- Lead the development and implementation of performance improvement initiatives designed to improve overall health care delivery and health outcomes for the RAE Region.
- Ensure RAE QM Program documents, policies, key performance indicators (KPIs), Standard and Incentive Performance Measures, performance improvement projects (PIPs) and activities meet the requirements of the RAE contract and Beacon Health Options policy
- Chair the Quality Improvement Committee (QIC), the Program Improvement Advisory Committee (PIAC); chairs or leads subcommittees or workgroups as designated.
- Conduct data and root cause analyses to identify and prioritize performance improvement initiatives. Where applicable, conduct performance improvement projects (PIPs) s, surveys or other initiatives in accordance with contract requirements; attain improvement in PIPs, KPIs and metrics specified by the State or RAE leadership/board. Work with providers/medical practices to support practice transformation and medical home principles/guidelines. Regular travel within the region and to state meetings is required.
- Conduct provider, PCMP and staff education related to performance improvement, such as performance measures, improvement strategies/interventions, quality of care or documentation expectations, data analysis or state programs and efforts.
- Develop and maintain policies, procedures, reports, analyses, minutes and other documentation required by State Medicaid contract or Beacon; meet all contractual due dates for reports and projects.
- Represent the RAE and/or Beacon at State or company comittees and attend regional meetings as required.
- Travel required
Education: B.S.N., Master's Degree or higher
Licensures: R.N., or Clinical Licensure strongly preferred
- Relevant Work Experience: Minimum five years of experience in health care quality required, health service delivery/clinical experience. Two years of quality management leadership experience in the health care field is required; proven experience in data analysis, performance measurement and improvement, development of formal written reports, committee/organizational leadership and project management are necessary. Substantial knowledge of health care delivery systems, data and standards is necessary.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Proficient with Microsoft suite word, excel
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Group presentation and public speaking skills