We are looking for a Director, PeopleOps to help support the needs of our team by driving an outstanding experience throughout the entire employee lifecycle. This role is critical as the team grows with an increased need for focus on employee experience, efficiency, and quality delivery.
Our ideal candidate is empathetic and approachable, passionate about delivering an amazing employee experience, is a team player, and has experience in both operational and strategic work. In this role, forging supportive and productive relationships with all team members is essential, including those in remote offices and locations.
To Unlock Your Creativity, think of all the times you were held back from trying new ideas because you were boxed in by bureaucratic legacy processes or old school tactics. Having a growth mindset is deeply ingrained into our company culture since day 1 so Fictiv is an environment where you have the creative liberty and support of the team to try big bold ideas to achieve our sales and customer goals.
At Fictiv, you will be challenged by teammates to achieve your potential. You will be surrounded by passionate and driven peers. You will also be surrounded by supportive teammates who will push you to be your best through their curiosity and passion.
The role reports to the Head of People.
What’s in it for you?
- You have a passionate commitment to people and a deep empathy for how supporting individuals leads to a stronger company culture
- You will use your strong eye for detail to help inform, shape and roll out new People Programs aimed at helping the Company through scale.
- Your excitement for driving success and your high fidelity communication in all forms (written, oral and nonverbal)
- You’re collaborative and strive to unite the team
- You serve as an advocate - of our culture, our people, and our process
- You understand the importance of compliance with regulatory items across the organization, including immigration and benefits programs, especially as part of the broader picture in how we value our team
What You’ll Be Doing
- HR Operations
- Manage day-to-day HR operations
- Attention to detail
- Drive consistency with internal processes
- Advise and coach employees and people managers
- Manage a small team of passionate people - people
- Partner with recruiting to ensure a smooth employee experience
- Onboarding and Offboarding
- Constantly iterate on our onboarding procedures to ensure we are always delivering a stellar experience for new hires
- Provide 30/60/90 day support to new hires and HM’s so we can build out a support system that helps our new hires work smarter not harder
- Advocate for our People and culture
- Help to define and deliver a human offboarding whether voluntary or involuntary
- Ad hoc reporting as needed (weekly HR Insights, Exec Dashboard)
- Risk Management and Compliance
- Ensures policies comply with Federal, State, and City law.
- Ensures policies are applied consistently. Coordinates updating Employee Handbook and developing procedure manuals.
- Identify potential personnel risks and coordinate/develop possible solutions.
- Coordinates complex matters with attorneys
- Responsible for HR compliance, including personnel record management
- Performance Management
- Manage strategy for Performance Management
- Own Performance Review Process
- Partner with People Managers at Fictiv to be proactive about driving high performance standards
- Drive engagement of Performance Review Process
- 10 - 15 years experience in HR or related field, with experience managing a team
- Delivers tasks on time, and to expectations
- Run autonomously with projects
- Can scope out a project successfully from start to finish, and associate timelines and adhere to them.
- Experience managing HR Systems, ADP Workforce Now administration a plus
- Excellent communication
- Customer service oriented. Our People are our greatest assets and internal customers. The PeopleOps teams’ main focus is to best serve our people and facilitate an amazing employee experience.
- Self-directed. The ability to complete work in a timely manner without active supervision is paramount but similarly important is knowing when to ask for help
- Previous experience working in a high growth company, start-up environment preferred
- SHRM-CP or PHR preferred