Director of People & Talent-Salt Lake City, UT
Client is seeking an accomplished, motivated People & Talent leader to join our team. We believe that one of the primary goals of the People & Talent team is to help achieve business results through people. The right candidate is highly experienced in partnering with business leaders on people and talent issues including talent management, compensation, employee relations, organizational design and development, workforce planning and staffing strategies, training and development, change management. The ideal candidate is an exceptional leader and influencer, is flexible and situational, driving innovative solutions/problem solving. This individual will lead a team of business partners who are accountable for supporting functional leaders in all areas of talent management: employee development, succession planning, performance management, compensation, leadership development, workforce planning, career progression. The ideal candidate has worked in multiple human resource disciplines, has a track record of producing results in roles with progressive responsibility and in a variety of industries.
Essential Job Functions
- Build effective relationships and partnerships to drive the company culture of high performance
- Provide transformational leadership to a team of business partners by creating an inspiring vision for the future, motivating others to deliver the vision, and building trust- based relationships with employees
- Scale and continue to advance the employee experience and client culture
- Be an inspiring and motivational leader for individuals at all levels, and in all functions of the client - continually draw talent to client - develop and recruit top talent and future leaders
- Authentically reflect and portray the mission of client
- Partner with People & Talent leaders on related projects and key deliverables
- Bring new, best-in-class ideas to the surface that will enable the business to strengthen and grow
- Analyze HR process and make recommendations for improvements utilizing the latest technology
- Remain current on relevant federal employment laws and other human resources compliance issues
- Define and administer human resource policies and procedures encouraging a high standard of individual and group performance and accountability
- Provide advice and counsel to management regarding all people related and organizational issues; oversee aspects of employee relations including investigations, counseling to management and employees, conflict mediation and resolution, etc.
- Manage application of compensation programs and ensure internal equity and worker classifications
- Based on organizational learnings, partner with Sr. Manager of Talent Development to determine development programs to strengthen competencies across the business
- BA/BS degree in HR related field
- Minimum 7-10 years of related experience as an HR Manager or Director in a growth environment with increasingly progressive responsibilities. Experience managing variety of HR disciplines, working in a company with 5000+ employees, preferably in a distributed environment.
- The successful People & Talent Director is an experienced HR functional and operational leader. This leader will have a track record of achieving goals in the areas of employee lifecycle management and the employee experience. This leader understands and successfully leads the review of data and analysis, to lead data-driven development and implementation of continuous improvement to impact the employee experience and client culture. S/he effectively engages senior leaders, and is probing, open-minded, data-driven, and solution-oriented. S/he will also be comfortable with ambiguity, willing to experiment, make decisions and commit resources with less than perfect information.
- Must be able to clearly articulate client?s purpose, mission, vision and goals, and able to motivate others to achieve those goals and be enthusiastically accepted as a leader.
- Execution and Results oriented ? focused on results, not just activity. Exceptional skill and demonstrated success in delivering and improving results in an HR senior leadership role.
- Experience with employee engagement (including engagement surveys) and competency development/implementation
- Proficient with technology?MS Office Suite, Human Capital Management Systems
- Working knowledge of Federal employment laws with knowledge of multi-state requirements
- Strong knowledge of ADA, FLSA, FMLA, EEO and other employment regulations/laws
- Coaching, influencing, facilitation, process development, analysis and problem solving
- Recruit talent, inspire, develop and motivate a team of professionals to do their best work
- Ability to articulate strategic vision, and lead and inspire a team to achieve results toward that vision . Recognize and celebrate individual and team successes
- Develops and earns trust ? works effectively across functions, internalizing their motivations and priorities, and energizing others? engagement in devising solutions and driving execution; a personal style that favors inquiry over advocacy, listening over speaking
- Team and individual development ? defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging; hires and develops top talent and future client leaders
- Clear, effective communicator ? exceptional and persuasive communication skills, oral and written, is vocally self-critical, and exudes ownership in engagement style
- Great judgement ? deals effectively with paradox; exhibits good instincts, while willing to make tough calls, with some degree of adaptability
- Ability to successfully work with ambiguity, handle multiple priorities, and identify creative solutions to problems ? leading innovative conversations
- Demonstrated history of taking initiative, meeting commitments and assisting in the creation of new tools or solutions to achieve results
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization, in a team-oriented environment
- Detail oriented; keep accurate records, interpret and organize information effectively
- Proven track record of effective process management and improvement
- High degree of personal leadership, accountability and integrity
- Highly motivated and ambitious to excel in our innovative environment
- Strong customer service orientation and business acumen
Additional Leadership Characteristics
- Ownership ? willing to operate and execute priorities with clear ownership of performance outcomes.
- Inquisitive, analytical thinker ? A data-driven thinker, who effectively diagnoses root causes, and identifies primary drivers of performance outcomes. Obsesses about controllable inputs, and defines and prioritizes activities to change them for the positive.
- Clear Effective Communicator ? Communicates to improve and promote teamwork, decision-making, and problem solving. Listens and responds effectively to the reactions and positions of others and encourages the expression of diverse ideas and opinions. Adjusts message and style to fit the audience. Provides timely and helpful feedback. Communicates appropriately to win support with all.
- Executes and Achieves Results ? Works cooperatively with others across the organization to achieve shared objectives. Represents own interests while being fair to others and their ideas. Partners withothers to get work done. Credits others for their contributions and accomplishments. Gains buy-in, trust, and support of others.
- Managerial Courage ? Deals comfortably with the uncertainty of change. Effectively handles risk. Can decide and act without the total picture. Is calm and productive, even when things are up in the air. Deals constructively with problems that do not have clear solutions or outcomes. Willing to tackle difficult and unconventional thinking ? doesn?t hold anything back that needs to be said.
- Thinks Big/Innovation ? Is confident under pressure. Handles and manages crises effectively. Maintains a positive attitude despite adversity. Bounces back from obstacles and setbacks. Grows from hardships and negative experiences.
- Develops Team and Individuals ? Has a strong outcomes-based orientation. Persists in accomplishing objectives despite obstacles and setbacks. Has a track record of successfully exceeding goals. Pushes self and helps others achieve results to positively impact client and our employees. Has a continuous improvement mindset.
- Fiscal Responsibility ? Clear ownership and delivery of cost budgets.