The primary responsibility of this position is to build out, improve and harmonize Avamere’s people operations, in support of Avamere and its Family of Companies. Serves as a member of the Avamere Family of Companies HR Leadership Team.
This individuals will be accountable to develop and drive business and people strategy and ensure organizational effectiveness by applying broad functional knowledge, skills and solid judgment and influence the overall objectives and long-range goals.
Responsible for the realization of the key part of Avamere’s People Priority, namely improving people processes (a transformational change), which will require consideration of the full spectrum of HR E2E/hire-to-retire processes.
As part of the People Operations Team, this position will be responsible for overseeing the Health & Welfare plans for Avamere. Participate and recommend benefit changes across all benefit plans to Executives for the open enrollment process, lead benefits team and provide oversight, ensure the ACA process is completed, and administer 401(k) plan.
- Participates in shaping and building our people systems and processes via participation on various workstreams and special projects. Identifying and clarifying issues and priorities; communicating and coordinating requirements; expediting fulfillment; evaluating milestone accomplishments; evaluating choices; changing assumptions and directions.
- Builds out a strategic roadmap including people, process and technology.
- Builds strategic relationships with IT, Division Presidents and divisional heads of People and their associated teams as needed, establishing service level agreements, cost, risk and value analyses with the goal of providing comprehensive end-to-end service to our stakeholders, our leaders, employees and ultimately patients.
- Plans in close collaboration with the various HR Centers of Excellence (e.g., HRIS, Benefits, Employee/Labor Relations, Talent Acquisition, Talent Development), in terms of E2E processes, automation, data and reporting.
- Serves as a strategic business partner to the Avamere and its business units, providing leadership design and implementation of a new HR Shared Service Center, oversight of pre-hire, onboarding, time keeping systems, workers compensation, leave administration and benefits administration, employee records, background checks, and related employee administration.
- Leads and manages the People Operations Team, demonstrating capabilities to lead an HR operations/administration team, focused on end-to-end employee processes (e.g., employment processing, compensation, health and welfare benefits, training and development, records management, safety and health, succession planning, employee relations and retention, and regulatory ). Setting productivity, quality, and customer-service targets; designing systems; resolving problems; implementing change with a continuous improvement mindset.
- Establishes and maintains/improves the HR-Shared Services model/team, including focus on Tier 0 (self-service knowledge base) and Tier 1 (call center) with key relationships with Tier 2 (e.g., HR Business Partners) and Tier 3 (HR Centers of Excellence such as Employee Relations).
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements (multi-state) by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed
- Maintains progressive approach to updating job knowledge; participates in conferences and educational opportunities; reads professional publications; maintains personal networks; participates in professional organizations.
- Ensures business unit compliance with all federal, state and local corporate employment requirements, i.e. I-9, FAA, EEOC, OSHA and employee
- Generates and distributes accurate reports needed for audits, compliance, and general business needs on monthly and regular basis as
- Manages other HR projects and initiatives such as HR onboarding, background checks, recognition program tracking, etc.
Communication & Culture-
- Maintains positive relationships and rapport with coworkers, facility personnel, internal and external clients, modeling respectful behavior by exhibiting professionalism with coworkers.
- Validates which actions the organization considers exemplary, by demonstrating leadership principles in action.
- Demonstrates ability to work in cross-company and cross-functional teams.
- Acts as HR evangelist ensuring Company culture and values are consistent and in alignment with goals, vision, mission and guiding principles throughout various geographical
- Participates and represents Avamere Family of Companies in professional organizations locally and nationally.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience required in HR, business or related area, Master’s or MBA preferred
- HR certification preferred (e.g., SPHR, SHRM-SCP)
- 8+ years of progressively responsible HR and/or business experience with a minimum of 6 years of HR or related experience and exposure to and competence in HR functional areas and 3+ years’ experience managing people or teams
- Possesses a balanced task-relationship orientation and be able to quickly build trust within the organization to influence and drive change.
- Possesses broad knowledge of the human resources administrative end-to-end processes and the aptitude to quickly apply and connect past learning to organizational challenges, mitigating risk and building confidence in the HR function
- Demonstrates autonomy, organization, assertiveness, flexibility, creativity, and cooperation when performing job responsibilities
- Comfortable engaging, influencing and developing strong working relationships with executives
- Ability to lead projects and client engagement activities, through completion
- Knowledge of state and federal regulations relating to employment and employee education
- Healthcare preferably long-term care industry preferred
- Experience in a matrix environment preferred