We are looking for a driven, enthusiastic Director of Payroll to build and transform the payroll process and system. This role will be responsible for enabling the team to improve business performance and operational effectiveness and efficiency. The ideal candidate will have at least 12 years of combined experience in payroll and equity at a global organization listed in U.S. and digital subscription or digital advertising industry. The position is based in NYC.
What you will do
- Inspire leadership in your immediate team that oversee Payroll, providing mentoring and coaching opportunities with a strong investment of development in their careers.
- Ensure the team are properly trained and provide leadership to enhance performance, quality and productivity.
- Partner with Compensation & Benefits, HRIS, Equity and Accounting teams to ensure the accuracy, timeliness and compliance of reportings, while documenting the policies, processes and controls, and identify and implement improvements.
- Implement and report (weekly, monthly, quarterly) on key metrics to monitor, manage and improve quality and efficiency.
- Set performance / productivity targets and execute against them with a thoughtful plan.
- Ensure the payroll cycle and stock/off cycle transactions are processed accurately and timely.
- Ensure compliance with internal policies and controls, SOX as well as compliance with external laws and regulatory guidance.
- Be responsible for properly coding payroll, taxes and stocks to ensure expenses, cash, tax payments, stock reports, etc.. are reconciled to payroll subledger/system.
- Review and approve payroll process, wires, off cycle checks.
- Develop and communicate SLA’s to our business partners for each function and monitor and report against these goals.
- Scale the payroll team and promote proper procedure and infrastructure within ancillary company-wide teams and groups.
- Work closely with Equity & tax teams to ensure tax calculations for equity based compensation awards are prepared, reviewed and timely submitted to payroll for processing.
- Other responsibilities include but not limited to participate in special projects or ah hoc analyses as assigned.
- Travel required approximately 10% – 20% of total work time.
Who you are
- Bachelor’s degree in business or accounting. CPP required.<span
- Minimum of 12 years related experience with global public company in digital subscription or advertising industry.
- Experience with major Payroll and ERP system required (ADP, Workday, Netsuite).
- Global stock plan administration/management experience a PLUS.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including extensive experience meeting and presenting to senior executives.<span
- Having worked in public companies with international operations is a must, preferred if listed in the U.S.