- Provide oversight, direction, and direct involvement to ensure best in class service metrics. This will require stabilizing a newly implemented payroll platform (UltiPro) and optimizing capability.
- Provide strategic direction, design, and continuous improvement of the payroll service offering.
- Develop strategic business relationships to strengthen delivery capabilities. This included both internal and external stakeholders to ensure accountabilities are clear and data transfer is accurate and timely.
- Engage with senior management across multiple business units to discuss relevant payroll matters; recommend process improvements; and/ or a new course of action for all payroll related activities.
- Engage in problem solving; issue escalation and creative practices to ensure payrolls are processed accurately and timely.
- Execute payrolltax and all ancillary services under the responsibility of third party vendor (Tax credit programs, unemployment, garnishments etc.)
- Ensure compliance with all federal, state, and local laws and regulations as well as policies regarding payments of wages, tax withholding, garnishments, and employee elected deductions.
- Support the internal controls review for payrollprocesses and related payroll software systems.
- Ability to build and maintain strong trust based relationships with a proven ability to influence stakeholders through setting the business context, relevant data and support of the operational and business strategies.
- Skilled at using effective listening, probing and investigatory skills to handle complex, sensitive escalated inquiries and conversations with discretion, composure and compassion.
- Strong customer service orientation, proactive and solution focused with an ability to deal effectively with difficult interactions and tough issues.
- Technical background required to offer solution options as needed.
- Extensive knowledge of payroll operations – to include time and attendance for an employee population of 17,000+
- Extensive expertise of US payroll, taxreporting and statutory compliance at a senior level.
- Extensive expertise in executive, deferred awards, benefits and payrolltax at a senior level.
- Experience with UltiPro for payroll; time and attendance preferred
- Previous business analyst and/or systems analyst experiencepreferred
Education, Certifications and/or Other Professional Credentials:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- Extensive project management skills
Job ID/ Req. Number190763