Do you want to work with your fellow owners? Rosendin is one of the largest electrical contractors in the United States employing over 7,000 people. We are EMPLOYEE OWNED – For more than 100 years, Rosendin has created a reputation for building quality electrical and communications installations, building value for clients, and building people within the company.
The Director of Payroll supervises a team of managers and staff of payroll and benefits professionals. This position manages office and craft payrolls, union benefits of a large multi-entity international construction company.
- Supervise and provide guidance and leadership to the field payroll manager and office payroll manager.
- Ensure that payroll is paid in compliance with all Federal, State, possession or other jurisdictions tax and labor law requirements.
- Ensure the timely and accurate reporting of certified payrolls, union fringe benefit reports, as well as craft and office payrolls.
- Collaborate with HR to assure accurate data, streamline processes, identify integration opportunities, and provide effective communications.
- Work closely with the controller, assistant controller, operations and HR in 1) understanding issues when the Company begins work in new geographical areas; 2) work closely with HR on tax issues related to per diems, relocation expenses, recruitment, and other traveling and relocation benefits; 3) changes to existing law.
- Participate and understand in the maintenance, internal and external communication and day to day operations of the 401(k) and ESOP.
- Engage with IT in the development of reports and the resolution of issues with Oracle. Participate in any implementation, development and migration of ERP when required.
- In the event there is Merger and Acquisition activity, assist in the review and due diligence process as it relates to benefit, compensation and health and welfare issues of both the craft and office staff.
- The duties and responsibilities are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete listing and other duties will be assigned based on the positions role within the business unit.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business related field
- Prior leadership experience
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in a payroll and/or benefits position for a union employer with multi entity, multi-state and multi-national operations.
- Can be a combination of education, training and relevant experience
- KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Critical thinker and strong analytical skills
- Understanding of collective bargaining agreements, preferably with a multi union entity
- Understanding of qualified retirement plans including union, 401(k) and ESOP
- Prior experience in global mobility
- Strong understanding of per diem, travel, and moving expenses and other benefits associated with a growing entity and changing footprint
- Proficient in using a computer and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.); Oracle preferred
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks, changing priorities as necessary
- Ability to work under time pressure and adapt to changing requirements with a positive attitude
- Effective oral and written communication skills as required for the position
- Ability to be self-motivated, proactive and an effective team player
- Ability to interact effectively and professionally with all levels of employees, both management and staff alike, vendors, clients, and others