Besides providing administrative and human resources services, PAGNY also fosters an environment in its partner hospitals that allows healthcare professionals to identify and implement best practices across institutions; promote training, academic and research opportunities; develop multidisciplinary integrated clinical service lines; build new systems of care; and address the impact of anticipated major changes in the nation's healthcare system.
This position will be located at our Corporate office at 55 West 125th Street, Suite 1001, New York, NY.
Responsible for directing all aspects of Payroll management for PAGNY, including the preparation, documentation and distribution of payroll. Ensures the timely and accurate processing of payrolls, payroll maintenance, and payrollreports. Collaborates with the Assistant Director of Payroll to set the direction for the department with a focus on improved policies, practices and controls and works with other departments to enhance customer support and processing efficiencies. Evaluate current processes, develops and implements operating efficiency improvements. Works under limited direction. Responsible for assisting in the overall planning. The Director must have strong communication skills and should proactively monitor customer satisfaction and the quality of the services provided.
- Responsible for understanding financial and operational issues and potential impacts
- Identifies and coordinates implementation strategy for incorporating new payrolllaws and/or regulations into the payroll process to ensure compliance
- Controls and manages the completion of monthly and annual returns. Monitors filing of State and Federal quarterly tax returns to ensure compliance with Local, State and Federal taxlaws. Provides detail regarding executive level employees for the completion of the annual 990 returns
- Improves internal processes and uses technology to provide quality information on a timely basis. Acts as liaison and works with other department heads in various functions within PAGNY to ensure the payroll department is meeting internal payroll needs efficiently and timely
- Efficiently organizes tasks and assigns appropriate resources and reviews work performed by direct reports. Ensures quality and integrity of data collection and processing. Evaluates and optimizes payroll system processing to ensure best practices are employed while ensuring the integrity of processing and reporting
- Ensures that compliance and regulatory requirements are adhered to end up to date. Responsible for proper communication to all customers. Maintains open communication with employees, governmental authorities and vendors. Develops an environment focusing on controls to ensure the integrity of the payroll process via policies and procedures; recovery of overpayments; identification of ineffective processes and ongoing analysis of employee payments
- Collaborates with the Assistant Director to set the vision for the organization and ensures that the overall payroll function is effectively supporting PAGNY and departmental goals and objectives. Respects and maintains confidentiality of all information
- All other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Business, Accounting, Finance, a related field or the equivalent work experience. Knowledge of Paycom and/or otherPayroll Systems and reporting. Professional certification in Payrolldesired.
- Demonstrated competencies in the following areas:
- Planning, decision-making and implementation.
- Analytical capacity (quantitative and qualitative).
- Financial Management
- Organizational abilities
- Oral and written communication
- Project management
- Ability to build trust through listening, supporting others and demonstrating integrity