The Director of Payroll is responsible for overseeing and managing the payroll process to ensure compliance with all applicable federal, state, local tax laws and FLSA regulations. The Director of Payroll is responsible for managing and leading a payroll team in developing and executing payrollprocesses to ensure payroll compliance.
The Director of Payroll will facilitate and evaluate all payroll processing for accuracy, oversee time and attendance functions, oversee all payroll exceptions and deductions, perform payrollaudits, and serve as a point of contact for all payroll inquiries The Payroll Director needs to be able to prepare concise, complete payrollreports and coordinate effectively with other departments within the company such as human resources and the legal department.
1. Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field required
2. MBA, Masters in Accounting, Finance Preferred
1. Minimum seven years working in a payroll professional position required
2. Experience working in a high volume payroll department required
3. 5 years Management experience required
4. Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of payroll processing methodologies, taxation practices and procedures required
5. Proficient and demonstrated ability in written, oral, electronic and verbal communication skills required
6. Proven software competencies (Microsoft Office, ADP, Enterprise, & Kronos)
7. Experience with ADP payroll processing, time and attendance, and report writing tools highly desired
1. Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) Certification Preferred
1. Communicates effectively with all applicable employees, stakeholders (internal and external customers), and executives.