The Director of Payroll is responsible for leading and managing all aspects of domestic and global payroll at throughout the organization. Ensuring payroll is run accurately, timely and in compliance with all foreign, federal, state, local payroll and regulatory requirements; directing and coordinating the implementation and administration of payroll policies, procedures, regulations and approval of masterpayroll calendars and processing schedules. This role also works closely with Accounting; Tax and Internal Audit teams to ensure all financial controls and reporting are accurate. This role leads the payroll staff based in Cary, North Carolina.
- Lead end to end global payroll function
- Manage, coach and develop payroll staff
- Manage global payroll operations working closely with business entity and HCM including Benefits.
- Ensure systems and controls are in place for accuracy and meeting deliverables
- Lead geographic expansion of payroll processing into new countries
- Lead payroll due diligence and integration for potential acquisitions
- Develop close working relationship with HCM and continuously implement process improvements to optimize payrollprocesses and identify payroll solutions to identified business challenges.
- Serve as a point of escalation for payroll related matters
- Manage process for garnishment, child support and tax levies
- Create and run standard and ad hoc reports using ADP
- Manage process for manual check updates to report wage and taxes
- Establish and maintain detailed tax calendar for all payrolltax filings
- Ensure all payroll related tax filings are done timely and accurately, including the set-up of new accounts with various federal and state agencies as required; Work with tax agencies and payroll service providers to resolve tax issues
EDUCATION / CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year university in a related field
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) required.
- Minimum of 7 years of payrollexperience and at least 3 years managing and developing staff
- Demonstrated ability to hire, lead, manage and develop payroll team
- Ability to provide a high level of customer service in the delivery of payroll across multiple entities and geographies
- Hands-on management role with the ability to process payroll and learn new systems as needed.
- Experience performing due diligence and integration of acquisitions from a payroll perspective
- Understanding of multistate payrolltaxes at federal, state and local levels
- Demonstrated experience with ADP payroll platform (WorkForceNow desired)
- Knowledge of international payrolltaxes and regulations, particularly in Canada, Europe and Asia
- Overall responsibility of management including direction, coordination, performance, and evaluation of a small assigned team and staff.
Infrequent travel will be required.