The Director of Payroll and Shared Services is responsible for leading the Company’s payroll and shared services group, which includes oversight of payroll operations, payroll tax submissions & compliance, pay data, accounts payable processing and employee expense reimbursements. This role is responsible for directing the activities of the payroll and shared services team members as well as outsourced external third-party vendors.
- Direct and manage payroll organization to ensure accurate and timely processing of payroll in Ceridian Dayforce HCM, including funds distribution, assuring compliance with federal/state/local tax laws, state and federal regulations and share-based compensation.
- Corporate payroll planning and strategy communication, payroll function and related services.
- Drive resolution of any payment issues with benefits, human resources, consultants, technical resources, etc.
- Will act in an SME capacity for the Payroll module of Ceridian Dayforce HCM. Will own testing, functionality adjustments and enhance best practices for the payroll function. Point person for testing, creating support tickets, implement and train on new releases up to two times a year.
- Will act in an SME capacity for ATI’s shared services systems, including SmartAP, ProdigyPO and Concur.
- Oversee ATI’s shared services function, particularly related to accounts payable processing and employee expense reimbursement.
- Own the relationship and drive accountability/performance with the Company’s outsourced external third-party vendors related to payroll and shared services.
- Ensure SOX compliance and control procedures are maintained within the payroll and shared services group, including review of service auditor reports.
- Interact on a regular basis with senior management to integrate solutions that address the company’s needs.
- The ability to maintain friendly, cordial relations with senior management and employees and maintain a positive work atmosphere.
- Bachelors degree in Finance or related field.
- 10+ years of payroll experience
- 5+ years in a supervisory role with record of developing and leading successful teams and best practices.
- Exposure to companies with 6,000+ employee count
- Ceridian Dayforce HCM experience strongly preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to deliver under tight deadlines, resourceful and solution-oriented
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Able to develop effective working relationships with diverse stakeholders
- Demonstrates excellent oral and written communication skills