Director of Payor Strategy and Contracting
Radiology Partners is the largest and fastest growing on-site radiology practice in the US. We are an innovative practice focused on transforming how radiologists provide consistently exceptional services to hospitals, imaging centers, referring physicians and patients. With our state-of-the art clinical technology, specialized expertise, access to capital, and retention of top physician talent, Radiology Partners reliably exceeds the expectations of our clients, patients, and partners. We serve our clients with an operational focus, and, above all, a commitment to quality patient care. Our mission is To Transform Radiology.
The Director of Payor Strategy and Contracting will work closely with the VP of Payor Strategy and Contracting and Chief Revenue Officer to develop managed care contracting strategies and negotiations.
You will establish, build, and maintain positive relations with payors, recommending innovative yet practical solutions to contract issues.
You will be responsible for identifying and evaluating opportunities, negotiating optimal reimbursement rates, and drafting contracts. In addition, you will be working with the leadership team in the execution of regional strategies based on industry changes.
POSITION DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Formulates and implements strategies and initiatives for payor contracting; develop contracts and rate methodologies consistent with practice goals and values
- Develops short and long-term strategies that support maximizing fee for service revenue while transitioning to value based care
- Identifies national tools, financial modeling systems and resources to assist with payer contract evaluations
- Creates and maintains tracking tools to monitor market conditions and the impact of managed care contracts
- Supports national revenue cycle in improving managed care net revenue yield through reductions in administrative and clinical denials
- Develop and foster strong working relationships with hospital clients and payors
- Works with the Revenue Cycle team in the development and implementation of a system-wide contract management and analytical system and provides local level leadership with insightful observations and action plans to address trends in support of optimized payer contracting and transition to value
- Assists in due diligence and integration of new practice partnerships
DESIRED PROFESSIONAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- MBA or advanced degree in Business or related field required
- At least 5 years of healthcare, finance, or consulting experiencepreferred
- Ability to interpret contract intent and use that knowledge to confirm accuracy of payor contract performance
- Use of independent judgment and creativity applied to resolution of contract issues
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Ability to work within a team environment
- Good presentation, leadership and team-building skills
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel and MS Word