We are looking for Director of Patient Safety for our client in Ft Walton Beach, FL
Job Title: Director of Patient Safety
Job Location: Ft Walton Beach, FL
Job Type: Permanent
- Responsible for directing and managing the facilities Risk Management Program, with the goal of protecting the institution from fortuitous loss.
- Advises and consults with Senior Leadership and the Board on potential sources of loss, develops strategies to prevent loss, and makes decisions regarding appropriate loss prevention approaches.
- Oversees the facility?s risk management and patient safety activities, which includes, but may not be limited to leading clinical risk reduction initiatives, a general knowledge of facility insurance programs, managing claims against the facility, interfacing with defense counsel, administering the risk management program on a day-to-day basis, managing and analyzing risk management data, conducting risk management educational programs, complying with risk management related standards (e.g. the Joint Commission and other accrediting and regulatory agencies) with the objective of enhancing and promoting patient safety, and quality care.
- Clinical background required.
- Florida RN licensure required
- Florida license as Health Care Risk Manager required
- Certification as a Professional HealthcareRisk Management (CPHRM) preferred
- Bachelor's Degree in Healthcare related field required. Master's Degreepreferred
- Minimum of three years healthcareexperience in patient safety, risk, and/or quality preferred. Healthcareexperience should be recent and within a clinical setting such as Hospital, Ambulatory Surgery Center, etc.
- Proven administrative ability for the direction, control and planning activities of a hospital based department.
- Capable of analyzing and preparing complex records and reports.
- Certification in Patient Safety (CPPS) required; (If not already CPPS, must obtain certification within 12months of hire)
- Other licenses/certifications required by State
- TeamSTEPPS Master Trainer (If not already a Master Trainer, must obtain with 12months of hire.)