$150K — $200K *
The Patient Experience Director also guides and facilitates the consumers of health
care services complaints and grievances and appropriately supports the Managers,
Directors and other staff in the resolution. Acts as the central resource for information
pertaining to patient rights and responsibilities and serves as the organization’s non-
· Review of Patient Experience Surveys to identify areas of needed opportunity.
· Assists leaders in developing annual unit, departmental and organizational goals based upon
· Provides analytical support of patient experience data, based upon organizational goals
· Provides training and support to hospital leadership for survey tools, including data analysis,
and report interpretation.
· Develops tools and programs to further Customer Service Excellence Programs which includes
patient experience focused communication techniques and service recovery.
· Manages the utilization of tools such as from patient surveys, rounding data collection tools,
· Designs, implements and supports targeted patient experience initiatives.
· Monitors the efficacy of current data and improvement strategies and recommend course
corrections as needed.
· Demonstrates a current knowledge of all HCAHPS expectations and provides education to
leaders on HCAHPS requirements
· Assists managers in investigating and working towards resolution of patient complaints concerning
quality of care and service. · Facilitates the grievance process and assists Managers/Directors in telephone and letter correspondence as appropriate. Provides accurate, timely and complete documentation in Feedback system and other databases. · Partners with Quality and Risk Management regarding the tracking, trending, timely follow-up, and oversight of patient complaints and grievances. · Identifies issues needing Medical Staff intervention and quality of care/review. · Acts as a liaison between patients and the healthcare system. Understands hospital mission, policies, procedures and services in order to respond to patients’ questions and concerns. Resource for information concerning patients’ rights and responsibilities and ethical issues. · Participates in the development and maintenance of Patient and Family Advisory Council(s), including recruitment, meeting preparation, etc. · Participates in appropriate Waterbury Health committees and community, state and/or national professional organizations. · Serves as the organization’s Non-Discrimination Officer · Manages the Interpreter Services related to Deaf and Hearing Impaired as well as the Limited Proficiency in English which includes, policies, procedures, education and the management and coordination of the Interpreter Services themselves. · Manages organizational needs related to Services Animals and related patient care issues including policies, procedures and education · Performs all other duties as assigned
· Bachelor’s degree in related field
· Master’s degree in related field preferred
· Minimum five (5) years’ experience in a healthcare institution
· Experience with Patient Experience initiatives and Public Relations is preferred
· Knowledge on analytical techniques and experience in computer software including but not limited to
database entry and MS Word
· Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
· Understand performance improvement techniques with ability to implement tools to
· Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact proactively with patients,
visitors, nurses, physicians and other providers, the community and all hospital
personnel when necessary.
· Ability to work effectively as a team member as well as a team leader.
· Self-motivated with a positive personality and a passion for driving project results
· Experience in the use of data and the translation of data to actionable outcomes.
· The ability to function independently, to problem solve with skills in conflict resolution,
mediation and crisis resolution.
Valid through: 8/3/2020
$200K — $250K
21 days ago