Silverado Hospice. Passion. Possibilities. Purpose.
Silverado is presently seeking a Director of Patient Care Services (RN) to join our Hospice team.
Silverado Associates know that there is no substitute for a meaningful career. We take pride in knowing the world is a better place because of what we do, and we feel fortunate to be part of a family that is unified in this commitment. We get the chance to learn every day, the opportunity to grow, and the ability to help others. At Silverado, it is about ENRICHING LIVES!
Summary of Major Functions:
- Serve as a role model and set an example for nursing staff and other members of the health care Team.
- Serve as a resource and support system to staff in problem solving and determine appropriate interventions.
- In collaboration with the Administrator, determine the hiring, orientations, retention, evaluations, discipline, counseling or termination of the hospice's team associates
- Adhere to budget requirements regarding labor, pharmacy, DME, and medical supply costs.
- Collaborate with the RN Case Manager and the attending physician to coordinate the delivery of patient care.
- Review all higher level of care patients including respite, general inpatient and continuous care.
- The Director of Patient Care Services will fill a clinical management position with both clinical and management responsibility for his/her team and serves as liaison to and conduit between the Administrator, Case Managers, clinical staff on his/her respective team, patients, their families, and the community.
- A registered nurse with a baccalaureate or higher degree in nursing or other health related field with three years of experience within the last five years in a home health agency, primary care clinic or health facility, at least one year of which was in a supervisory or administrative capacity.
- A registered nurse with four years experience within the last five years in a home health agency, primary care clinic or health facility, at least one year of which was in a supervisory or administrative capacity.
- EMAR experience highly desirable.
- HCHB experience preferred.
- Other: A valid Driver's License and auto insurance; Current, active RN license within the State. Certification in Hospice and Palliative Nursing desired.