Summary of Major Functions:
- Serve as a role model and set an example for nursing staff and other members of the health care Team.
- Serve as a resource and support system to staff in problem solving and determine appropriate interventions.
- In collaboration with the Administrator, determine the hiring, orientations, retention, evaluations, discipline, counseling or termination of the hospice's team associates
- Adhere to budget requirements regarding labor, pharmacy, DME, and medical supply costs.
- Collaborate with the RN Case Manager and the attending physician to coordinate the delivery of patient care.
- Review all higher level of care patients including respite, general inpatient and continuous care.
- The Director of Patient Care Services will fill a clinical management position with both clinical and management responsibility for his/her team and serves as liaison to and conduit between the Administrator, Case Managers, clinical staff on his/her respective team, patients, their families, and the community.
- A registered nurse with a baccalaureate or higher degree in nursing or other health related field with three years of experience within the last five years in a home health agency, primary care clinic or health facility, at least one year of which was in a supervisory or administrative capacity.
- A registered nurse with four years experience within the last five years in a home health agency, primary care clinic or health facility, at least one year of which was in a supervisory or administrative capacity.
- EMAR experience highly desirable.
- HCHB experiencepreferred.
- Other: A valid Driver's License and auto insurance; Current, active RN license within the State. Certification in Hospice and Palliative Nursing desired.