RWJBH is seeking a full-time Director of Patient Access Services. This is a full-time, 40 hour per week position at RWJ University Hospital in New Brunswick.
The Director of Patient Access Services provides support to management of all areas of Patient Access Services, 24/7 to include bed accommodations, financial counselors and registration teams; Main Admitting, Ambulatory Surgery, Emergency Department, Hospital Clinics, as well as specific Pre-registration and Insurance Authorization functions not performed by Central Access. The Director ensures Patient Access policies are administered across the facility and that all departments are in compliance.
- Maintains positive relationships with all customers, employee, physician, patient, visitor, and guests
- Uses sound employee relations practices and maintains high levels of visibility and accessibility
- Utilizes principles of CQI in all work situations.
- Able to project and appropriately staff the unit/department to effectively function to demand.
- Adheres to budgetary guidelines and targets-proactively manages budget variances and causes.
- Follows sound employee retention techniques; effective selection and hiring
- Interviewing, recognition, fair and timely discipline, and ongoing performance feedback
- Interacts constructively, tactfully and diplomatically with others and resolves conflicts effectively
- Demonstrates cultural competency and ability to maintain a diverse workforce
- Completes tasks and assignments in a timely, accurate and efficient manner.
- Responsible for ensuring the accuracy of registrations.
- Communicates issues and policies to all staff members as it relates to department and ancillary areas.
- Training and developing new hires.
- Manages multiple departments/staff and assures all issues are addressed and patients are registered appropriately without delay.
- Provides clear communication and expectations for staff around KPI s and goals.
- Operates with a high degree of autonomy and authority while working within the framework of RWJBH philosophy and policies.
- Bachelor s Degree required
- Minimum of 3 years in management/leadership role required
- Knowledge in all aspects of registration, Non-Federal and Federal billing regulations, and state programs such as Charity Care required
- Medical terminology and computer skills required