Director of Partnerships
Every day, the people of TSYS® and Netspend® improve lives and businesses around the globe through payments. We make it possible for millions of people to move money between buyers and sellers using our payments solutions including credit, debit, prepaid and merchant services. We are "People-Centered Payments", and our team has the unique opportunity to help create a world in which payments make people's lives easier and better. This is both a tremendous honor and an important responsibility for those who accept the challenge. If you are looking to make a valuable difference for people everywhere — and for yourself — we may have the right place for you.
The Director of Partnerships in our Direct channel will own a pipeline of partner prospects, execute on a sales strategy and take the lead in securing new partnerships that grow and diversify NetSpend’s lines of business. This dynamic and energetic team player will bring a rich rolodex of customers and prospects to the role. A successful candidate should have working knowledge of the payments industry, digital ecosystems and multi-channel customer acquisition marketing. This position is based in San Mateo, CA and reports to the VP of Business Development.
- Develop powerful value propositions and sales pitches that leverage existing products and services, deliver immediate value and have long-term growth potential
- Evaluate lead generation and sales opportunities, call on prospects and secure meetings with key decision makers
- Run financial scenarios and present recommendations to executive team
- Draft business terms and negotiate agreements that deliver value to partners and NetSpend
- Have working knowledge of direct to consumer verticals within the payments industry, specifically targeting self-banked consumers
- Maintain a deep understanding of financial services from a technology perspective, digital payments and the prepaid industry
- Create value by establishing strong relationships with internal/external stakeholders, executive team and industry groups
- Be curious, self-motivated, outgoing and engaging with a self-directed entrepreneurial spirit
- Have a proven history of being highly organized and detail oriented
- Work with minimal supervision, ability to adapt and be flexible
- Motivate other team members and lead by example
- Minimum of 6+ years demonstrated successful sales record as proven by reports and references in high tech, software, financial, marketing or information services industry.
- Bachelors Degree from top university, preferably in business; MBA highly desirable.
- A combination of market assessment skills combined with solid “sales street smarts”
- A leader with strong organizational, conceptual, and logical problem solving capabilities
- Credible and knowledgeable resource within the industry
- Able to influence decisions and close using a proactive consultative approach
- Exceptional interpersonal verbal skills, dynamic public speaking and superior presentation skills
- Strong leadership skills with a collaborative team approach
- Board or senior management presentation experience
- Enjoys travel and is able to spend ~20% of time on the road
- Strong computer skills, proficient in excel and PowerPoint
- As provided in NetSpend's Background Check policy, eligible candidates may be subject to drug, criminal history, and credit checks, which will be conducted and used in accordance with applicable local, state, and federal laws