Join us as we work to create a thriving ecosystem that delivers accessible, high-quality, and sustainable healthcare for all.
We are looking for a Director of Partnerships to join the Corporate Strategy and Development team here at athenahealth. In this role, you will focus primarily on driving strategic partnership activity to drive new revenue channels for athenahealth. We are seeking an individual who has experience in corporate development, business development, consulting, or a similar field with a proven track record in driving partnerships. The right candidate will possess a strong understanding of athenahealth’s core business and the healthcare industry.
But enough about us; let’s talk about you.
You have extensive experience in sourcing, structuring, negotiating complex agreements and managing partnerships to maximize value creation. You possess deep knowledge of the healthcare industry and partnership structures to go along with a deep understanding of how to optimally engage sales and product organizations to achieve desired outcomes. You are proactive and creative and are comfortable leveraging your extensive knowledge of the healthcare industry and partnership types to identify and execute revenue generating partnerships. You are highly detail-oriented, resourceful, and possess the ability to build strong, collaborative relationships at senior levels within athenahealth and the partner. You possess outstanding judgment and professionalism while being action-oriented and having an outcome driven focus.
The Team: The Corporate Strategy and Development (CSD) division plays an important role in helping to drive athenahealth’s growth agenda. The division’s charter spans strategy, partnerships and M&A. CSD is a high-visibility and high impact group that will interface across all levels of the company providing quantitative and qualitative analytical decision support on cross-company strategic issues and deal execution.
- Lead the sourcing and execution of new strategic partnerships
- Manage partnerships to drive maximize value creation
- Work with CSD leadership and product organizations on build/buy/partner analyses.
- Build strong relationships at senior levels within athena and partners to maximize value
- Provide financial analysis with potential partnerships
- Understand the strategic issues faced by the company and/or division and provide support to drive resolution and/or develop an action-oriented plan to achieve the identified goal.
- Build & maintain a strong external intelligence base on key market trends to help inform our decision making.
- Structure, lead and distill market research into actionable insights for the company.
- Bachelor Degree required; MBA preferred
- 10+ years’ professional experience; with a background in consulting, corporate development or business development
- Proven track record of sourcing, negotiating and executing partnerships
- Understanding of Healthcare IT and the industry is strongly preferred
- Experience working across corporate functions
- Experience in analyzing complex business problems
- Strong financial analytical capabilities
- Partnership experience (OEM and reseller)
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and prioritization abilities
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills required
- Our Vision: To create a thriving ecosystem that delivers accessible, high-quality, and sustainable healthcare for all.
- Our Location: This role is based in Watertown, MA, just a few miles outside of Boston. Watertown is our Global Headquarters and our campus, the Arsenal on the Charles, is home to a number of restaurants, a local gym and large outdoor space. This office also has a cafeteria, coffee café and food trucks that rotate every day.
- Our Culture: At athenahealth, our employees (or “athenistas”) are committed to making healthcare smarter. Our success is dependent on the diversity, collective spirit, and contributions of our people, clients and partners. We value teamwork and believe that the strength of our team comes from supporting each other and leveraging our specialized skills. If you are looking for company that will enable you to work outside of your comfort zone to transform the healthcare ecosystem, athenahealth is the place for you.
- Our Perks: Along with health & financial benefits, our athenistas are offered a variety of perks that promote employee wellbeing such as commuter support, collaborative workspaces and dog-friendly offices - just to name a few.