One of the nation’s largest and most respected hospital companies, Universal Health Services, Inc. (UHS) has built an impressive record of achievement and performance. Steadily growing from a startup to an esteemed Fortune 500 corporation, UHS today has annual revenue nearing $10 billion. In 2017, UHS was recognized as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies by Fortune; ranked #276 on the Fortune 500, and listed #275 in Forbes inaugural ranking of America’s Top 500 Public Companies.
Our operating philosophy is as effective today as it was 40 years ago: Build or acquire high quality hospitals in rapidly growing markets, invest in the people and equipment needed to allow each facility to thrive, and become the leading healthcare provider in each community we serve.
Headquartered in King of Prussia, PA, UHS has more than 81,000 employees and through its subsidiaries operates more than 320 acute care hospitals, behavioral health facilities and ambulatory centers in the United States, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands and the United Kingdom.
POSITION PURPOSE: To provide management functions for the daily operation and provision of services to patients in the Partial Hospital and CD programs. To plan and lead business development activities for Outpatient and CD services.
1. Provides direction and maintains responsibility for assigned programs, from a clinical, financial and safety standpoint, in conjunction with the Coordinators of O/P & CD Programs. Plans and
leads business development activities for programs.
2. Provides direction and responsibility for supervision of Program Coordinators, to include conducting performance evaluations.
3. Is responsible for staff assignments and clinical coverage in concert with Coordinators.
4. Ensures needs of physicians, referral sources and other community resources are met
5. Ensures supervisor is kept informed of clinical and business development issues as they develop.
6. Develops and monitors Performance Improvement activities.
7. Provides or arranges for the provision of necessary clinical education for staff members.
8. Maintains good working relationships wit other hospital departments.
9. Ensures that Policies and Procedures developed by hospital administration are implemented in an accurate and expedient manner.
10. Monitors closely the use of special treatment procedures or any other restriction of rights to ensure compliance with hospital policies.
11. Participates in processing of grievances generated by patients, their guardians, and staff or outside agencies.
12. Ensures quality clinical care is available at all times.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES: Excellent written and verbal skills, strong assessment and interpersonal skills. Competency in individual, family and group psychotherapy. Familiarity with TDH standards and commitment process.
EDUCATION: Master’s degree.
LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION: Must have LCSW licensure.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum 5 years post licensure experience working with psychiatric population. At least three years inpatient experience and 2 years supervisory experience.
* Ability to speak and write.
* Hearing/vision sufficient to perform essential functions.
* Ability to navigate campus
This opportunity provides the following: