A successful Director of Organizational Development will not only exhibit passion about the topic, the individual will also have the ability to effectively lead strategic initiatives, take complex issues and translate them into actionable solutions, manage multiple teams on a variety of projects, communicate and lead effectively while demonstrating professional and ethical actions. These initiatives will support and impact an employee base of 25,000 and a timeshare ownership base of 900,000+. Projects will have an enterprise-level impact.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Organizational Design
- Analyzing Performance Indicators.
- Facilitate current and future state analyses to determine areas of development in organizational strategy, processes, systems, policy, etc.
- Conduct stakeholder analyses to understand impacted parties of the organization.
- Perform SWOT analysis of Company and competitors.
- Leverage, synthesize, and utilize data from multiple sources to develop organizational recommendations.
- Organizational Capability
- Build organizational capabilities by providing training and guidance on methodology, tools, and implementation in areas related to organizational development.
- Create options for organizing people and their work through structure, roles, and processes to optimize business performance.
- Provide support and coaching on organizational development initiatives.
- Serve as a SME on organizational development topics.
- Lead the assessment of teams, leaders, and functional effectiveness.
- Work with senior leaders to develop engagements to enhance effectiveness within the various levels of the organization.
- Develop and implement effectiveness resources.
- Facilitate engagements and work sessions to enhance effectiveness at the individual, team and functional level.
- Lead and implement annual and pulse employee surveys.
- Work with senior leaders to develop survey result action plan at the department, team and individual levels.
- Talent Management & Succession Planning
- Collaborate with senior Human Resources leaders in the development and maintenance of an organizational talent management process, including performance management and talent assessments.
- Support executive and senior leaders in the development and implementation of a succession planning strategy, including processes, resources, and reporting.
- Develop, implement, and evaluate tools and resources to capture, analyze and report on talent metrics.
- Change Management
- Collaborate with senior leaders to assess Company-wide organizational projects with impact on organizational culture and people.
- Develop and execute change management plans for organizational projects to maximize the return on investment (ROI)
- Performs other duties as needed
- High school graduation or equivalent.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field (Business Administration, Industrial Organizational Psychology, Human Resources, Organizational Development, etc.) desired.
- MBA Preferred
Knowledge and skills
- Understanding of Organizational Development theory and application.
- Demonstrated planning, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to diagnose problems and develop solutions.
- Exceptional interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Ability to synthesize information in a clear, concise and persuasive manner to all levels of the organization.
- Strong influencing skills with the ability to align stakeholders.
- Must be able to develop and maintain strong relationships at all levels.
- Strong organizational skills, self-motivated and detail oriented.
- Must be able to handle multi-tasking with the ability to comprehend complex processes.
- Ability to be highly flexible in a fast-paced, dynamic and often ambiguous environment.
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Preferred experience with survey data (i.e. engagement, satisfaction, etc.).
- 7 to 10 years of practitioner background (i.e. Organizational Development, HR, Consulting, etc.), preferably in the hospitality, banking, or finance industry.
- Project management or consulting experience in business or process improvements.
- Demonstrated experience in managing/supporting projects which impact the business at an enterprise level.
- Experience with field-based business units and implementing changes in multiple locations.
- Specific knowledge of timeshare products, clubs, and industry trends desired.
- Experience with statistical analysis desired.