The Director, Organizational Development (OD) will support the needs of the HCA
The Director, OD is responsible for assessing organizational need, designing and deploying various leadership and organizational development programs, tools and processes that facilitate improved organizational performance. This role oversees Leadership Development Training Specialists, consults with, HR Business Partners and operational leaders to identify OD and training opportunities, and works collaboratively with the COE to develop and deploy solutions.
The Director, Organizational Development will be responsible for some or all of the following under direction of the AVP of L&OD Program Delivery:
- Assess organizational needs of operating, business and functional units.
- Work collaboratively with L&OD COE on the design, development and implementation of programs, policies and strategies to meet business needs and program goals.
- Assist with the provision of expert facilitation and coaching.
- Deploy the following programs, tools and processes:
- o Talent Assessment & Performance Management - Facilitate talent assessments and reviews, identify areas of improvement and consult with leaders for improved performance.
- o Succession management - Facilitate or participate in succession management sessions, consult with HRBPs and leaders on opportunities, summarize and present results.
- o Leadership development - Identify learning needs, work with COE to develop or customize available programs, and facilitate or oversee the delivery of development programs.
- o Mentoring- Provide coaching and assist management in the matching of individuals with mentors.
- o Multi-rater Assessment - Facilitate multi-rater assessment and feedback sessions.
- Provide feedback to L&OD COE regarding programs, tools and processes.
- Provide guidance and consultation on learning and organizational development programs and processes.
- Consult with ER COE and field HRBPs on facility and division-specific employee engagement strategies. Provide guidance and consultation on employee engagement results.
- Prepare leaders and employees to lead and manage change throughout the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree strongly preferred
- 3-7 years of experience in a similar role
- Healthcare experience a plus
- Large organization experience highly preferred