Greenberg Traurig (GT), a global law firm, has an exciting full-time employment opportunity for a Director of Organizational Development and Leadership in the Professional Development (PD) Department in various office locations. We offer competitive compensation and an excellent benefits package.
As a leader in the PD department, the Director of Organizational Development and Leadership will be a thought leader on organizational development, leadership and management development, and use of assessments with expertise in adult learning methodologies for a global, AmLaw 100 law firm. Develop and execute strategic training programs and change management initiatives. Provides leadership to the continued evolution of the organization’s learning strategy and culture. Works collaboratively with the other PD Directors to add value regarding learning and professional development to the firm.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Partners with firm executive leadership, business leaders and managers globally and across all functions to create a strategy, plan, and budget for employee development and firm training needs. Develops team priorities, goals and objectives that are aligned with the firm’s business strategy.
- Develops a team of learning professionals in designing and teaching leadership and other professional development programs.
- Develops and coaches team members to deliver best-in-class learning solutions to optimize the team’s service delivery.
- Collaborates with the CLDO, Director of Professional Development and Director of Learning Technologies to develop professional development and leadership and management development curricula, programs and resources for all firm employees.
- Offers consultation across all functions on adult learning and training principles and advises on appropriate learning strategies and programs to achieve business objectives.
- Brings thought-leadership on career development, career counseling, coaching, mentoring, succession planning programs and use of behavioral assessments and training on those assessments.
- Assists with firm organizational development initiatives such as performance management, talent management and competency development.
- Assess learning needs and deliver development programs that will optimize engagement, performance, and retention of staff and lawyers.
- Implements metrics that measure the effectiveness of all training programs.
- Uses and develops eLearning, video and webinar platforms to deliver programs.
- Identifies and recruits subject matter experts (internal and external) to develop and deliver leadership programs.
- Manages vendors that design and/or teach programs.
Skills & Competencies:
- Strong leadership and strategic planning skills to collaborate, build rapport and trust among colleagues, employees, clients and vendors.
- Advanced knowledge of legal talent management, competency development, performance management and adult learning theories.
- Ability to lead, develop and coach a global team to deliver high-quality learning solutions.
- Contributes thought leadership based on experience in the realm of leadership development, coaching, career development and the use of assessments.
- Ability to measure and evaluate success of the program and implementations.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously, produce precise and accurate work and consistently meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of content development to include: needs based curriculum design, program planning, third party supplier sourcing and vendor management, and program delivery and evaluation. Advanced skills in working with document management systems and other legal technologies.
- Adaptability and flexibility to work additional hours and travel as needed.
- Excellent judgment and a high level of integrity and work ethic.
- Client service oriented (internal and external).
Qualifications & Prior Experience:
- 10+ years of legal and/or professional services firm experience in Training, Talent Management/HR, or Professional Development.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Learning and Development, Education, Human Resources or related field; Juris Doctorate or Master’s degree preferred.
- Experience with law firms in global, virtual office setting preferred.
- Experience with learning management systems.
- Experience in curriculum design for career development, leadership development and other organizational development initiatives.
- Behavioral assessment certification(s) and developing training programs that promote the use and understanding of the assessments are a plus.
- Understands innovative learning technology tools and eLearning design.