The Director of Operations Support provides managerial support and oversight for all Support Service functions which includeInformation Technology, Environmental Safety, Maintenance,Security and Administrative Services. In this role, you will play an integral role in championing and improving the capability, performance and agility of the business.
- Oversee procedures and controls to ensure plant wide security for compliance with all pertinent DOD or other government agencies as applicable and consistent with Division policies and procedures as related to each functional area of responsibility. Act as the Division Security Manager (DSM).
- Provide oversight to Division IT management and provide support on special projects as needed.
- Oversee the development and implementation of the Division’s environmental and safety programs.
- Provided oversight to administrative support groups that generate division reports and information including Word Processing, Reprographics and the Print Room.
- Responsible for preparing, monitoring and controlling an expense and capital budget of 2 million dollars which includes facility equipment, office equipment, IT equipment, furniture and special supplies.
- Responsible for division telephone communications and services, division archival storage (Iron Mountain) and records database (Eclipse).
- Provide oversight for the repair and maintenance of buildings, grounds, equipment, facilities and services. Responsible for facility furniture, partitions, conference rooms and office equipment.
- Initiate, prepare and assist other departments in the preparation of Division SPIs, SOPs, and ISO 9001 related documentation.
- Owns the maintenance and testing of the Business Continuity Plan (BCP) for the division. Supports IT Manager with Disaster Recover Planning as needed.
- Develop organizational structure ensuring coverage for areas of responsibility. Establish standards of performance for the department and monitor adherence to the standards.
- Maintain and develop skills assessments, cross-training plans and objectives for areas of responsibilities. Conduct performance reviews and engage in talent management activities.
- Must be able to respond to facility issues outside of normal business hours.
- Provide support for all areas of responsibility as required to ensure due dates are met. Manage schedules to support large proposals or other influx of work.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
Bachelor’s Degree; Master’s Degree preferred 10+ years relevant experience and 5+ managerial experience Successful candidates must meet eligibility requirements to access US classified information
- Experience preparing, monitoring and controlling major expense and capital budget
- Strong understanding of how information and technology can improve the business
- Strong administrative technical skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel & PowerPoint)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Works well with management, peers and subordinates
- Experience supervising, coaching and developing staff
- Experience managing multiple departments is desired
- Environment/Equipment Used :
- Normal Office Working Conditions
- Equipment Used: Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, Outlook E-mail
- The use of safety equipment (PPE) is required in designated areas Essential Physical Tasks :
- Ability to lift 30lbs and exercise safe lifting techniques.
- Must be able to sit or stand for up to nine hours
- Fine motor dexterity
- Hand-eye coordination