- Selects, develops, trains and motivates staff to ensure attainment of short and long term growth objectives.
- Directs the Production, Quality, and Support functions in the operation of a multiple shift manufacturing facility, including development of a highly responsive team.
- Directs the plant team on quality & service improvement and continuous improvement in all aspects of the business.
- Develops and improves measurement and control systems to ensure highly effective performance in the areas of productivity, quality and cost containment.
- Develops business plans and budgets to contribute to the overall growth and profitability of the Company.
- Oversees the effective management of inventory control, warehousing, planning/scheduling and delivery.
- Identifies areas requiring improvements and ensures the appropriate production or administrative functional areas implement necessary actions.
- Directs the development of preventive maintenance programs for the physical facility and plant equipment.
- Responsible for promoting and maintaining a safe work environment in compliance with OSHA and company standards for all employees.
- Remains informed of competitive activities, trends in the market, as well as maintains a sound relationship with customers.
- Evaluates processes and technology and looks for ways to innovate and gain competitive advantage while ensuring strong investment payback.
- BS Business, Industrial Engineering, Graphic Arts, Printing Management or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 10+ years broad management experience in a manufacturing environment including some time in a plant manager position.
- Experience with label printing/converting strongly preferred.
- A motivator with a passion for safety, quality, and service and creating a winning team.
- Previous experience with facility budgeting, productivity measurement, sound manufacturing practices, inventory control, production scheduling.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and ability to comfortably and confidently interact with employees, customers, sales, and senior management.
- Strategic planning and demonstrated skills at writing implementable business plans.
- Adaptability; ability to balance needs of production and sales/customers.
- Intermediate PC Skills - Computer / measurement systems knowledge; proficient in spreadsheet applications, web browser / internet navigation.
- Strong planning / organizational skills
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to effectively manage and motivate employees.
- Results oriented
- Ability to find innovative approaches to solving problems and accomplishing goals.
- Ability to travel 10-20%
- Experience with flexo and digital label printing to exacting quality standards.
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration.