Director of Operations
Taylor Communications is seeking a Director of Plant Operations to direct and control the production, quality assurance, safety, and administrative segments of our label convertingoperation in Fresno, California. This is the senior position in the facility and will support sales, profit and growth objectives by ensuring a well-run facility delivering consistent high quality products, on time service serving customers in the prime, retail, food/beverage, and industrial markets. The Director of Plant Operations will support interact with sales personnel and customers to help achieve growth objectives while actively engaging with employees to build and maintain a positive and productive work environment for all location personnel.
- Monday – Friday, days (occasional nights and weekends)
- Selects, develops, trains and motivates staff to ensure attainment of short and long term growth objectives.
- Directs the Production, Quality, and Support functions in the operation of a multiple shift manufacturing facility, including development of a highly responsive team.
- Directs the plant team on quality & service improvement and continuous improvement in all aspects of the business.
- Develops and improves measurement and control systems to ensure highly effective performance in the areas of productivity, quality and cost containment.
- Develops business plans and budgets to contribute to the overall growth and profitability of the Company.
- Oversees the effective management of inventory control, warehousing, planning/scheduling and delivery.
- Identifies areas requiring improvements and ensures the appropriate production or administrative functional areas implement necessary actions.
- Directs the development of preventive maintenance programs for the physical facility and plant equipment.
- Responsible for promoting and maintaining a safe work environment in compliance with OSHA and company standards for all employees.
- Remains informed of competitive activities, trends in the market, as well as maintains a sound relationship with customers.
- Evaluates processes and technology and looks for ways to innovate and gain competitive advantage while ensuring strong investment payback.
- BS Business, Industrial Engineering, Graphic Arts, Printing Management or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 10+years broad management experience in a manufacturing environment including some time in a plant manager position.
- Experience with label printing/converting strongly preferred.
- A motivator with a passion for safety, quality, and service and creating a winning team.
- Previous experiencewith facility budgeting, productivity measurement, sound manufacturing practices, inventory control, production scheduling.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and ability to comfortably and confidently interact with employees, customers, sales, and senior management.
- Strategic planning and demonstrated skills at writing implementable business plans.
- Adaptability; ability to balance needs of production and sales/customers.
- Intermediate PC Skills - Computer / measurement systems knowledge; proficient in spreadsheet applications, web browser / internet navigation.
- Strong planning / organizational skills.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to effectively manage and motivate employees.
- Results oriented.
- Ability to find innovative approaches to solving problems and accomplishing goals.
- Ability to travel 10-20%.
- Experience with flexo and digital label printing to exacting quality standards.
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration.